Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Absolutely, although I’m not sure an expansion can get us there, they will have to rejig the ground around to incorporate more corporate stuff. 

FMV really kills us commercially though, only so much big marketing dollars to go around why would you sponsor us if you can Liverpool for a bit  more? They have far more reach than us. 

I'd like to see FMV tested. Given a target market (Saudi) is very young and rich, how much should we expect ?

Ten PL clubs quick to resort to legal action re payments to the EFL protecting their interests yet we fuck around and let them get away with FMV etc. Clubs include Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. So much for altruism and protecting other clubs.

https://x.com/mailsport/status/1767612700916355168?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

Edited by FloydianMag

13 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Ten PL clubs quick to resort to legal action re payments to the EFL protecting their interests yet we fuck around and let them get away with FMV etc. Clubs include Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. So much for altruism and protecting other clubs.

https://x.com/mailsport/status/1767612700916355168?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

Some will disagree, but I think they are totally right to threaten legal action also. Why should the likes of Sunderland, Watford, Derby, and any other club who have had combinations of having parachute money/running their club poorly/spending beyond their means benefit (especially championship clubs who get the majority of the deal anyway). It wouldn't happen in any other industry.

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, et tu brute said:

Some will disagree, but I think they are totally right to threaten legal action also. Why should the likes of Sunderland, Watford, Derby, and any other club who have had combinations of having parachute money/running their club poorly/spending beyond their means benefit (especially championship clubs who get the majority of the deal anyway. It wouldn't happen in any other industry.

Exactly……..it’s about self interest, we should be threatening legal action over anti competitive rules and practises.

7 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Exactly……..it’s about self interest, we should be threatening legal action over anti competitive rules and practises.

I am still of the opinion that it will happen in the not too distant future. If not then questions should start to be asked as to why not. I'll be very interested what happens in terms of signings and forthcoming sponsorship deals this Summer. I think by then there will be a clearer picture as to how the land lies in general with other clubs as well as ours. Only needs one club to go to the courts to light the powder keg. Time will tell as I keep saying.

Edited by et tu brute

The usual clubs with the best interests of the game at heart. 

Though with these rules there is no need (if there ever was) for parachute payments.

Shame the relegation candidates didn't make life more difficult for the red clubs and Spurs in kind. Scorpion and the frog.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Go to love the hypocrisy involved here. In this circumstance we are to see them as individual businesses.......where does FMV come in to that line of thinking ?

22 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Spurs are such an unlikeable club. I don’t care how much you wheel out Big Ange, at boardroom level you’re an absolute pack of cunts led by the shyster in chief Levy. Sorry @leffe186

£7.5m a year from each club. No issue paying it, but imagine being £5m over ffp, receiving a points deduction and losing £100m because of it, yet the money you've just given to the team who replaces you could have saved all that.

They'll exclude it, but that's not the point. You can't inflict financial rules to not overspend by threatening a clubs existence and also expect the to pay for clubs who'll take their place because they cannot spend to attempt to stay in the top league.

Edited by Dokko

If the 19 clubs want more financial flex, and this still isn't enough, then don't play the next game week, and don't play until something better is reached. Uefa can go fuck itself, they'll lose massive figures with no English teams in.  

Take a fucking stand. Stop accepting such shit. 

32 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Would have known those clubs would have been in amongst it. They are itching for a super league breakaway.

Dunno man, not sure Bournemouth or Crystal Palace will be up for the Super League breakaway.

28 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Spurs are such an unlikeable club. I don’t care how much you wheel out Big Ange, at boardroom level you’re an absolute pack of cunts led by the shyster in chief Levy. Sorry @leffe186

Don’t know enough about the deal or the reasons why these 10 clubs and not the other 10 have cropped up. Levy is definitely a bastard though. Not sure that makes him all that different from other Chairmen :lol:. Rest of the Board seem Ok.

Just now, leffe186 said:

Dunno man, not sure Bournemouth or Crystal Palace will be up for the Super League breakaway.

I was more on about the 3 clubs mentioned, but if we are proposing say a closed Premier League, both of those clubs would snap your hand right off if they were confident of falling on the right side of the divide.

Just now, Stifler said:

I was more on about the 3 clubs mentioned, but if we are proposing say a closed Premier League, both of those clubs would snap your hand right off if they were confident of falling on the right side of the divide.

I’m just not sure the European Super League or whatever silly name they want to call it has much to do with this decision.

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Don’t know enough about the deal or the reasons why these 10 clubs and not the other 10 have cropped up. Levy is definitely a bastard though. Not sure that makes him all that different from other Chairmen :lol:. Rest of the Board seem Ok.

On top of this you’ve got withdrawal of new concessions for over 65s. Delightful.

Wish we could start football over.  Complete and utter pigs arse is being made out of it.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

On top of this you’ve got withdrawal of new concessions for over 65s. Delightful.

Fear fans will be exploited more now and expected to pay more to watch stagnancy.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Some will disagree, but I think they are totally right to threaten legal action also. Why should the likes of Sunderland, Watford, Derby, and any other club who have had combinations of having parachute money/running their club poorly/spending beyond their means benefit (especially championship clubs who get the majority of the deal anyway). It wouldn't happen in any other industry.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Because football has pyramid structure, and if you don’t have other clubs to play against you don’t have a business?  Also, we benefitted from this not so long ago. 

23 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If the 19 clubs want more financial flex, and this still isn't enough, then don't play the next game week, and don't play until something better is reached. Uefa can go fuck itself, they'll lose massive figures with no English teams in.  

Take a fucking stand. Stop accepting such shit. 

Like Brexit, it would hurt us more than it would hurt them.  They did manage to survive after banning English clubs for half a decade - but English football took over two decades to get back to where it was before the ban. 

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Because football has pyramid structure, and if you don’t have other clubs to play against you don’t have a business?  Also, we benefitted from this not so long ago. 

Like Brexit, it would hurt us more than it would hurt them.  They did manage to survive after banning English clubs for half a decade - but English football took over two decades to get back to where it was before the ban. 

There's talk of letting the Saudi league in. They'll follow the money.

We should reduce the weekly wage of our players by 50% and allow them to act as ambassadors for various PIF related companies independently of their contract with us for whatever value these companies feel they are worth.

I'd like to see the premier league go after individual players and tell them what they can earn outside of the league they administer. They also couldn't touch us as that would be artificially inflating everyone's salaries.

I do also wonder if the long game for the likes of us and City will be to go after transfer fees rather than the concept of FFP

9 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Clutching at straws here but perhaps we haven't pushed too hard against the PLs rules because we think we might be able to exert some pressure on this new "regulator"?

Call me a cynic here but, checks notes, have you researched the application and constraint our current "Independent" regulators of other industries have grafted? 

Literally floating in raw shit. 

Utility bills through the roof while profits soar etc etc etc

Be another jobs for the boys and girls keeping the status quo

29 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Call me a cynic here but, checks notes, have you researched the application and constraint our current "Independent" regulators of other industries have grafted? 

Literally floating in raw shit. 

Utility bills through the roof while profits soar etc etc etc

Be another jobs for the boys and girls keeping the status quo

It tends to vary from regulator to regulator.

Some are ran very well. Others are underfunded, under resourced or chocked with Government department types.

Edited by The Prophet