Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

55 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

And just for capping wages right? Not infrastructure and things like that?

I think it'll be the same as the FFP calcluation which is essentially wages, transfers and agent's fees. 

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

It would take a few years of holding our breaths and praying for the best but if us, United, Arsenal, Spurs resigned from the Prem and asked to join the EFL just before the next TV rights deal, then almost all of England's football problems could be solved.

They are so unaware how happy that would make the entire PL

That’s fully them. They can’t wait to fuck off.

So it’s ok for them to spend a shit load, but not others, ok for other clubs to be given a limit on spending, but not them.

We just need to really start pumping the sponsors to up our turnover. But other than sela and noon We seem to have been a bit slow on that front. so maybe it’s a route the club have deemed too obvious a piss take. 

compare manure list of partners:

https://www.manutd.com/en/partners/global

to ours:

https://www.newcastleunited.com/club/partners/current-partners/

im not really sure why our training gear doesn’t have any sponsor at all. I bet manure are getting something meaningful for their kit sponsor - it’s not the same as their shirt sponsor.

surely there are half a dozen off this list who could make us up an extra £50m minimum. Maybe we do think it’s too risky a strategy.

https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/our-investments/our-portfolio/

3 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

We just need to really start pumping the sponsors to up our turnover. But other than sela and noon We seem to have been a bit slow on that front. so maybe it’s a route the club have deemed too obvious a piss take. 

to ours:

im not really sure why our training gear doesn’t have any sponsor at all. I bet manure are getting something meaningful for their kit sponsor - it’s not the same as their shirt sponsor.

surely there are half a dozen off this list who could make us up an extra £50m minimum. Maybe we do think it’s too risky a strategy.

We’ve not been that slow when you look at the list of partners we’ve announced since the takeover. We’ve added a fair few. Rome wasn’t built in a day

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone listen ?

Only listened to the first 10 mins, but the main points seemed to be:

- not as good as previously thought for us

- 70 or whatever cap will run alongside, new stuff doesn’t superseded 

- if we have pulled our finger out out new turnover will be 300m so 70% or whatever will be about 210m a year in transfers. That’s apparently better than it sounds (sounded pretty good to me anyway) as it is that amortisation, so you could buy 10 x 20m a year players

im happy to say I’m no expert at all so that may not be quite right. Also only based off first 10 mins

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

We’ve not been that slow when you look at the list of partners we’ve announced since the takeover. We’ve added a fair few. Rome wasn’t built in a day

That’s great news, I’m only going off what’s on our official page, where is the better list?

11 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Only listened to the first 10 mins, but the main points seemed to be:

- not as good as previously thought for us

- 70 or whatever cap will run alongside, new stuff doesn’t superseded 

- if we have pulled our finger out out new turnover will be 300m so 70% or whatever will be about 210m a year in transfers. That’s apparently better than it sounds (sounded pretty good to me anyway) as it is that amortisation, so you could buy 10 x 20m a year players

im happy to say I’m no expert at all so that may not be quite right. Also only based off first 10 mins

Won't that be 210m per year on transfers and wages?

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

It would take a few years of holding our breaths and praying for the best but if us, United, Arsenal, Spurs resigned from the Prem and asked to join the EFL just before the next TV rights deal, then almost all of England's football problems could be solved.

They are so unaware how happy that would make the entire PL

Hilarious when Man U fans talk about “none of it matters the damage has already been done” they seem to forget they did the same thing before Chelsea and Man City 

6 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Ah might be. Can’t say I fully get all of this. 

Nah me neither tbh.

Our current wages are 74% of revenue with a turnover of £250m.

I therefore have no clue as to what any of this means. 

That's all from me. Cheers. 

Edited by Thumbheed

20 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

That’s great news, I’m only going off what’s on our official page, where is the better list?

I don’t think we have a definitive list because the website is trash but from the top of my head I can think of:

Adidas, Sela, Saudia, STC, Fenwick, Quidd, Inpost, monster, sportsbet, noon, straightline 

it all adds up

Apologies if this has already been posted but according to Athletic this is wages + amortisation + agent fees. 

So as things stand that's currently at about 271m which is far short of the 4.5 of the revenue of the bottom placed club, so we actually have huge scope to spend on fees but our challenge becomes managing wages to within the 70% revenue threshold (currently sat at 74%)

So if our revenue goes up to 320m this year, our wage bill is allowed to be at about 227m (last year's was about 185m) leaving about 200m per year for amortisation + agent fees? 

How far off am I?

Edit: so the challenge is actually aligning with UEFA who have a hard cap of 85% at present (70% in 25/26) all in on wages+amortisation and fees meaning at present our scope for expenditure is about 90m in wages and amortisation. 

Still plenty of scope, I think. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Apoligies if this has already been posted but according to Athletic this is wages + amortisation + agent fees. 

So as things stand that's currently at about 271m which is far short of the 4.5 of the revenue of the bottom placed club, so we actually have huge scope to spend on fees but our challenge becomes managing wages to within the 70% revenue threshold (currently sat at 74%)

So if our revenue goes up to 320m this year, our wage bill is allowed to be at about 227m (last year's was about 185m) leaving about 200m per year for amortisation + agent fees? 

How far off am I?

By the time this thing goes live we might have a revenue of 375m

We are going to win the lot

44 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

to ours:

How does one work out fair market value for an Official Percussive Therapy Device Partner?

18 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Apologies if this has already been posted but according to Athletic this is wages + amortisation + agent fees. 

How far off am I?

It’s actually wages, amortisation of transfer fees and agents fees that needs to be at 70%, not just wages 

Edited by nufcnick

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

It’s actually wages, amortisation of transfer fees and agents fees that needs to be at 70%, not just wages 

Yeh, back to my original post earlier on - I don't have a clue. 

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

I don't/didn't even want us to do a Man City/Chelsea (was happy doing what we were) but all this stuff is madness

Really?

So more years in the doldrums is appealing?