Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

It could probably be used as mitigation in a PSR breach though?

Let's say Minteh to Lyon is all but agreed, £40m fee, wages etc. His medical is booked for Monday because he is away & he fails it, we miss the PSR target by £10m or so. Especially as a medical isn't really a "pass or fail" thing either, unless his leg is hanging off or he's missing a ventricle, it's a judgement call on the part of the buying club. We might think he's fine, the buying club may not.

Well that would depend on who the seller was...... Spurs, Chelsea etc then I'm sure it would be fine but for us there's no way a mitigation for timing would be given, I get its a matter of how long to allow but Forest delaying BJs sale to get better value would (imo) be a much stronger argument for mitigating a PSR period loss than not being able to conclude a sale where the price etc had been agreed as the delayed sale actually strengthened their financial position

47 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Well that would depend on who the seller was...... Spurs, Chelsea etc then I'm sure it would be fine but for us there's no way a mitigation for timing would be given, I get its a matter of how long to allow but Forest delaying BJs sale to get better value would (imo) be a much stronger argument for mitigating a PSR period loss than not being able to conclude a sale where the price etc had been agreed as the delayed sale actually strengthened their financial position

Not really as the Johnson deal would have been theoretical whereas an obligation awaiting a medical is more solid.

16 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Are we really having to sell within the next few days?

Yes. Might be for £5m, £10m or even £25m but it’s clear we have to bring money in to get under the £105m three year loss hurdle.

34 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The fact where hawking Minteh about suggests that’s the case unfortunately.

Surely if we were desperate to sell PIF would take a player to the Saudi league? That would be the most logical play. 

Edited by duo

7 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

But that just means you don't sign a contract that you can then pull out of if a medical fails.

In practice you agree to the terms but don't enter into a legal obligation until everything you need to be in place is so. Footballing bodies may give leeway around transfer dates to allow for the legals to complete.

Its the same as buying a house, you don't exchange contracts with a get out clause if you can't get a mortgage and you dont buy a car that allows you to back out if you don't get a loan. You get everything in order before signing

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

This is either utter nonsense, or we're a bunch of morons

Not buying £30m. If it was that much it would have to have been a purple. Miggy wouldn’t have brought us in that much, hell him and Tripps would barely have got us over that flogging them to Bayern and Saudi.

If we’re selling Minteh, it’s somewhere early £20ms.

11 minutes ago, duo said:

Surely if we were desperate to sell PIF would take a player to the Saudi league? That would be the most logical play. 

Saudi transfer window doesn’t open until 17 July so that’s a no-go.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Surely PIF would be bailing us out if we were that close to the wire. Be someone willing to go to the Saudi League for the riches

Saudi window doesn’t open to July 

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Not buying £30m. If it was that much it would have to have been a purple. Miggy wouldn’t have brought us in that much, hell him and Tripps would barely have got us over that flogging them to Bayern and Saudi.

If we’re selling Minteh, it’s somewhere early £20ms.

Ornstein mentioned the proposed Minteh deal was. 

Dcl mid to high 30’s

Minteh low to mid 30’s. 

If we were/are £30m short, why did we even bother thinking about making any moves in January?

The only potential moves out discussed were Trippier and Miggy and they would have been <£15m each, if we'd then gone on to sign someone, even accounting for amortisation that's still going to add a few million to the books.

Wouldn't be shocked if we are short, but I'd be very surprised and a little disappointed if we've miscalculated by that much.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Ornstein mentioned the proposed Minteh deal was. 

Dcl mid to high 30’s

Minteh low to mid 30’s. 

Interesting, if it gets us under the threshold and we’ve established FMV via other clubs I don’t think the PL has a leg to stand on.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Interesting, if it gets us under the threshold and we’ve established FMV via other clubs I don’t think the PL has a leg to stand on.

I don’t think they can do anything to stop this with the current rules. Acting in good faith seems like an extremely weak provision to me. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I don’t think they can do anything to stop this with the current rules. Acting in good faith seems like an extremely weak provision to me. 

We just counter that we were quoted £50m for DCL last summer and received bids of equivalent amount for Minteh. Whole thing is bent as fuck but who cares as the PL have tied themselves in knots with their nonsense rules.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

If we were/are £30m short, why did we even bother thinking about making any moves in January?

The only potential moves out discussed were Trippier and Miggy and they would have been <£15m each, if we'd then gone on to sign someone, even accounting for amortisation that's still going to add a few million to the books.

Wouldn't be shocked if we are short, but I'd be very surprised and a little disappointed if we've miscalculated by that much.

We had an offer of 30m for Miggy in January 

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

We just counter that we were quoted £50m for DCL last summer and received bids of equivalent amount for Minteh. Whole thing is bent as fuck but who cares as the PL have tied themselves in knots with their nonsense rules.

I don’t even think we need to do that, we just submit and they rubber stamp. They have zero provisions in place to prevent these deals despite the media noise. 

What time is everyone heading to the ground? I want Eales stood outside like Keegan when Cole was sold, explaining how this embarrassment has been allowed to happen. The Saudis are ruthless and wont stand for this. Dan Burn can't play left back. Howe only buys British players. Schar in midfield.