Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

And we won't actually know anything until at least March, which is when this year's accounts are submitted to the PL. Any punishment probably wont come until 25/26.

Under the accelerated process all clubs have to submit their accounts by 31/12 .

The league then has 14 days to charge those that are over the £105 limit. The timetable is tight but the respective ICs and appeals are then listed to be met before the season 24/25 end

53 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I believe Everton's second points deduction (2pts) was relating to the period ending June 2023 (22/23 season) and was applied in the 23/24 season. That would suggest that if we were over the limit this season (23/24), it'd be applied in the coming season (24/25)

Edit - This is the article I'm using as a source

My mistake, looks like what has to be submitted by 31st March is estimated accounts for the current season.

52 minutes ago, Dokko said:

£16m for 2pts seems a good deal. 

It was going to be 5pts - 3pts for breaching, then another 2pts because it was "significantly" over the threshold.

They dropped it down on the basis that they had already had points deducted, has lost income from a Russian sponsorship deal & admitted guilt.

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why do you think our top youngster is linked to so many clubs?

There could be many reasons from genuine inbound interest to us actively shopping him or made up/agent driven nonsense.

If we need £20-30m in the next few days it would be a failure by the exec team.

51 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why do you think our top youngster is linked to so many clubs?

Because he was a Dan Ashworth signing that Howe doesn't fancy and we've decided to cash out to free up funds to spend on players that Howe actually wants

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I still think it's a load of scaremongering only. I just can't see how the club (more importantly PIF) would allow this to happen.

This 👆 Did we not have similar scaremongering all January about who we had to sell? We then sold no-one despite having offers for a few. That to me suggests at worst things are tight. The fact lots of other sponsorships etc haven’t come online makes me think we are just the right side of the line and suggestions otherwise are just media noise

I think there's something in it.

The fact we have just secured a new deal with LeoVegas makes me think we need to balance the books and fast. Hopefully we're still covered or that deal may have just covered us but the timing is a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

I think there's something in it.

The fact we have just secured a new deal with LeoVegas makes me think we need to balance the books and fast. Hopefully we're still covered or that deal may have just covered us but the timing is a coincidence.

Soon find out, I'm still convinced it's a non story

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Would we even find out soon? Took Everton and forest ages to be charged.

Possibly, but with the leaks from the Premier League after the draft accounts had been submitted, everyone knew they were going to be charged

On 27/06/2024 at 19:56, Pokerprince2004 said:

This financial expert has been saying we need to sell by June 30th for a few months now. Looks like we've got 72 hours 😬

This financial expert has as much clue as you or me.

The club knows the true financial situation and no-one else actually does. Given that we've been managed remarkably responsibly in terms of sticking to "the rules"...either we have a sale lined up or were not actually in danger or breaching this psr bull

2 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Because he was a Dan Ashworth signing that Howe doesn't fancy and we've decided to cash out to free up funds to spend on players that Howe actually wants

You don’t think Howe would like a look at this RW wonder kid in training? RW is the weakest position in the squad. His trajectory is better than the likes of Olise at the same age. 

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I still think it's a load of scaremongering only. I just can't see how the club (more importantly PIF) would allow this to happen.

Mate…. It’s real. Smell the coffee. Too much smoke. 

We see what Villa and Chelsea are doing.   We are in the emergency boat 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

You don’t think Howe would like a look at this RW wonder kid in training? RW is the weakest position in the squad. His trajectory is better than the likes of Olise at the same age. 

Mate…. It’s real. Smell the coffee. Too much smoke. 

We see what Villa and Chelsea are doing.   We are in the emergency boat 

If you think so fine, I don't, as I said we will find out soon enough 

Just now, Terraloon said:

What an absolutely brilliant post.

Yes  we made the jump from a 4th place team to winning the league but it was the fact the we dare knock both Utd and yes Arsenal down from their domination of the PL that was their issue  issue . I can almost visualise Wenger kicking, screaming and stamping his feet saying it’s  not fair.

Did any of you care about the length of a players contract or were you afraid of celebrating a goal for fear VAR will say that it’s disallowed because 20 minutes prior to it being scored someone passed wind ?
I fell in love with football aged 7 , I fell out of love with football at age 65

Wenger was quite happy to forge his reputation at Monaco.  The original financial dopers with their 3,000 gates, modest history and yet superstar players.

Edited by Wolfcastle

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His trajectory is better than the likes of Olise at the same age. 

Not true!!!

7 goals and 12 assists for Reading in the Championship.

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Depends how hands on PIF have been, I think where lacking personnel with football knowledge in executive positions, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been a shit show since Ashworth left.

What if we have been prudent and are just on the right side of the line? 

We might even have 20 million to spend and just want to hold our money back until July when we can add that to next year's funds.

Nobody on here or in the press knows the exact account details but if it was a situation where we would lose points, we would be doing a lot more to shift players on.

And if it was the case we really needed to sell a Bruno, Isak or Gordon we would not be leaving it until the last couple of days and would be actively looking to generate a bidding war

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Depends how hands on PIF have been, I think where lacking personnel with football knowledge in executive positions, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been a shit show since Ashworth left.

Has there been any expenditure since he left? If not then it was a shit show before he started tending to his roses