Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

6 hours ago, Gawalls said:

They’re clearly fucked up??? 

All we have is stories from journos who have been more wrong than right under this regime and you’ve already concluded they’ve clearly fucked up?  How’s about wait until the dust settles and are where we are

some right fannies on here.

we're still ina great position to attack next season.

will be a few more players out for small fees and a couple of decent ones coming in.

ffp/psr may slowly change in our favour over  then next year or so.

what are people actually worried about.

5 hours ago, Wandy said:

Something is definitely starting to look suspiciously off. This being NUFC, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we were back up for sale within the next 18 months.

biggest melting of fanny yet?

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m not impressed by this and looks like we’ve been luckily bailed out due to Minteh coming good, otherwise it would have been a demoralising sale which would have set us back.

Clearly though we’ve been under the cosh since having to go all in that first January to stay in the league and I suspect we have sponsors held up by the PL we’ve been relying on.

Hopefully, never find ourselves in this position again as could have got very messy if one of the big stars had to be sacrificed this weekend, yeah we will have to trade going forward but leaving it this late left us wide open to vultures and being low balled.

I get this but doesn’t it also work the other way? Clubs have known all along that we need to sell. Maybe it’s just taken this long until any clubs actually put acceptable offers.

Maybe also the club had the Minteh sale lined up for a while but were holding out to see if any clubs came in for Wilson or Almoron but they haven’t so they’ve needed to sell Minteh and Anderson.

55 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Apologies if said before but surely there’s a way we can fake some income streams before selling off players To balance FFP? I mean if any club on earth should be capable of that it’s us.

yeah i've mentioned this before. PIF must have business with hundreds of companies worliwide.

just need to encourage them to sponsor us as a favour for favour type thing.

just do it face to face and not by email.

3 hours ago, oldtype said:

Hard to avoid the conclusion that somebody had a serious fuck-up with the calculations last season and deserves to be sacked. If this is how much this PSR thing is going to impact the club, then we really need an entire team of accountants running the numbers full time to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I think they thought we could get £40m odd from Wilson, Anderson, Almiron, Trippier and co. 

The market for older players is slow I guess. It’s younger players that are moving quickly. Im ok with Anderson leaving, hurt that Minteh has left. Mostly because there’s a few lads ahead of them that I would rather leave. Truthfully, they may need to leave anyway to fund transfers.  

Not getting this "we've fucked up" narrative one bit. We're about to be FFP compliant, only really losing Anderson who was 5TH/6TH choice CM at best and 3RD or 4TH choice LW. 

We're looking like we will be in a position to buy again. Fingers crossed ones an RW to shut some fuckers up until the next negative thing they can pounce on and drum home for the next 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I get this but doesn’t it also work the other way? Clubs have known all along that we need to sell. Maybe it’s just taken this long until any clubs actually put acceptable offers.

Maybe also the club had the Minteh sale lined up for a while but were holding out to see if any clubs came in for Wilson or Almoron but they haven’t so they’ve needed to sell Minteh and Anderson.

Quite possibly by all accounts they tried to offload Almiron in January, but once he decided he didn’t want to go to Saudi we should probably have accepted the Bayern bid for Trippier in hindsight, regardless hopefully we’ve learned from it and don’t find ourselves sailing this close to wind again with a few days to spare.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not getting this "we've fucked up" narrative one bit. We're about to be FFP compliant, only really losing Anderson who was 5TH/6TH choice CM at best and 3RD or 4TH choice LW. 

We're looking like we will be in a position to buy again. Fingers crossed ones an RW to shut some fuckers up until the next negative thing they can pounce on and drum home for the next 12 months. 

We were offering Gordon to Liverpool earlier today such was how desperate the position was, so while I wouldn’t say we fucked up I think there will be some lessons learned hopefully from the experience.

I am all for the club taking risks by the way but they need an exit strategy for when it doesn’t come off, otherwise we might not be so lucky.

We needed to make a £2 million profit this year to hit the 3 year PSR figure, which I am guessing we have done with the sales agreed today, so that buys us some space this summer and the next few years.

I can still see us selling Wilson, Almiron and Trippier this window to add some more leeway. It would make sense to have an eye on potential sales the following year (Longstaff and Murphy maybe) to give us wiggle room for PSR going forward.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

We were offering Gordon to Liverpool earlier today such was how desperate the position was, so while I wouldn’t say we fucked up I think there will be some lessons learned hopefully from the experience.

I am all for the club taking risks by the way but they need an exit strategy for when it doesn’t come off, otherwise we might not be so lucky.

We needed to make a £2 million profit this year to hit the 3 year PSR figure, which I am guessing we have done with the sales agreed today, so that buys us some space this summer and the next few years.

I can still see us selling Wilson, Almiron and Trippier this window to add some more leeway. It would make sense to have an eye on potential sales the following year (Longstaff and Murphy maybe) to give us wiggle room for PSR going forward.

I do not believe we were offering Gordon to anyone. And won’t until I see some verified sources say so. 

In terms of offering Gordon up, I suspect what actually happened was we ran a professional process. We knew Minteh and Anderson were our most likely sales, but had conversations with other clubs about Gordon, Isak etc. so that we understood our backup options in the event our preferred options fell through. 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

We need fire sale at the deadline, with two bad deals (Minteh likely without buy back clause, Anderson few too fucking low).

Its clearly a fuck up.

I think I can tell what 'Zero' pertains to here

6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I think I can tell what 'Zero' pertains to here

Even AV fucked it up as well, the Luiz sales obviously not part of their original plan. Why don’t just admit our management fucked it up as well?

Some people here really can’t accept those that they like (the management/Howe etc) would make any error.

I recall posting about the pitfalls of FFP and a lot of responses I received were our owners will figure it out they are super smart etc came up. Do people still feel that way? Or has this weekend been an eye opener? 

Really curious how other people perceive this now. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I recall posting about the pitfalls of FFP and a lot of responses I received were our owners will figure it out they are super smart etc came up. Do people still feel that way? Or has this weekend been an eye opener? 

The last few days has been a really bad look for the club imo. I don’t believe for a second this was all planned. My view is we were hoping/expecting someone to trigger the Bruno clause and when that didn’t happen we got desperate. Main take is hopefully they learn a lesson and avoid it moving forward.

When the take over first went through this forum was full of people saying “all we want is people who try” well they did try and maybe tried too hard and spent too much in the process but I’m sure lessons have been learned.

It’s hard for me to be too annoyed as we’ve had two top ten finishes back to back for the first time since god knows how long and I come down on the side that we never seen minteh play so I won’t miss what we never had and I’ve always said that it’s very important for us to start creating a revenue stream from trading like that. 

I just can’t believe how bitter some people have become so quickly towards them that all it’s took is the sale of of one prospect.

Edited by Gawalls

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You’re absolutely right, the Sly6 have made sure that FFP is weighted in such a way that you can only compete for a season or 2 before falling foul, unless when you get every transfer right and also buy youth that will have a sell on value after 2-3 seasons 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The last few days has been a really bad look for the club imo. I don’t believe for a second this was all planned. My view is we were hoping/expecting someone to trigger the Bruno clause and when that didn’t happen we got desperate. Main take is hopefully they learn a lesson and avoid it moving forward.

I actually feel like what’s transpired doesn’t actually matter much. I like Anderson and on a personal level I really feel bad for the way he’s essentially been shifted out. Minteh will be forgotten about if we get an olise level right winger later. 

I really struggle to put my finger on how we’ve got here though, I actually believe we left open some of the low hanging sponsorships for this exact moment. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

You’re absolutely right, the Sly6 have made sure that FFP is weighted in such a way that you can only compete for a season or 2 before falling foul, unless when you get every transfer right and also buy youth that will have a sell on value after 2-3 seasons 

The rules in place (which will be tightened with squad cost :lol: ) are an absolute disgrace make no mistake. The fact the club doesn’t actually complain about them and seemingly votes for them tells me we are more of an asset than a sports washing program. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I actually feel like what’s transpired doesn’t actually matter much. I like Anderson and on a personal level I really feel bad for the way he’s essentially been shifted out. Minteh will be forgotten about if we get an olise level right winger later. 

I really struggle to put my finger on how we’ve got here though, I actually believe we left open some of the low hanging sponsorships for this exact moment. 

Let’s hope we have saved them for this coming year, although I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I actually believe we left open some of the low hanging sponsorships for this exact moment. 

I do actually wonder if they are waiting to be signed off, but the pl are dragging their feet, causing this whole situation 

Just now, nufcnick said:

I do actually wonder if they are waiting to be signed off, but the pl are dragging their feet, causing this whole situation 

Possibly but why leave it so late if that’s the case? It would also be poor on our part.