Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

3 hours ago, midds said:

Chelsea's finance team are absolutely top drawer :lol:

It's gone way beyond the point of being annoyed, I'm genuinely impressed that they've exploited yet another loophole and dodged another PSR bullet for another year. These fuckers are so far ahead of the game they're openly laughing the face of the PL, I'm genuinely a big big fan of what they're doing

Really ? They are still burning through money with zero results so far, I'm impressed with how they are getting around the rules, but buying stuff off themselves that they already own is still chucking money away.

I detest what they are doing, and have real concerns it will impact our growth and short to medium term success. They are outright cheating, and we are the most likely club to be impacted by it on the field (in the table). Let’s not forget we missed out on Europe because of their end of season run in. People can say it was due to the cup final as much as they like, but had they not overtaken us, we would have secured Europa Conference.
It’s all well and good laughing at them taking the mic, until it’s us just missing out on qualifying for the champions league, or just missing out on a cup because of them. We would benefit from less direct competitors and teams to overtake. 

14 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

They are snookered if they don’t get Champions League football this season. There is only so many things you can sell to yourself. 

That would be the best outcome possible. They break all the rules thereby taking the legs out of PSR as a viable policy, while crashing and burning themselves. They'd have basically done all our work for us.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Anything that clamps down on the Six Dicks is a good thing.

I doubt a football regulator will get into the nitty gritty of how individual clubs organise their commercial activities. It’ll be major decisions like defecting to unauthorised competitions like an ESL.

28 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I doubt a football regulator will get into the nitty gritty of how individual clubs organise their commercial activities. It’ll be major decisions like defecting to unauthorised competitions like an ESL.

Hence putting a handbrake on those sinister wankers who tried to jump ship to Fuckwit Florentino’s vanity project / cashgrab.

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

A huge part of their power and leverage is the threat they could leave at any moment.

14 hours ago, Ben said:

Really ? They are still burning through money with zero results so far, I'm impressed with how they are getting around the rules, but buying stuff off themselves that they already own is still chucking money away.

I mean, it's clearly an absurd way to operate, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm meaning these ridiculous things appear to totally within these bullshit rules. The more shit like this that actually passes their bullshit rules the better, I want as many people to laugh in their faces and ask simple questions about their competency to construct and police the regulations. I'd love the PL and the PSR rules in general to be so farcical and so unfit for purpose that they have no portion but to rip it up and start again. 

17 hours ago, midds said:

Chelsea's finance team are absolutely top drawer :lol:

It's gone way beyond the point of being annoyed, I'm genuinely impressed that they've exploited yet another loophole and dodged another PSR bullet for another year. These fuckers are so far ahead of the game they're openly laughing the face of the PL, I'm genuinely a big big fan of what they're doing

I've worked with their Data, Science and Marketing teams previously. As much as we all hate them and Todd, they have been run this way long before he came into the fold. 

If out play is to be squeaky clean to the point of panic selling on the PSR deadline day while a club like Chelsea gets away with moving their assets from one subsidiary to another to achieve the same outcome, at the very least I would expect our club to (internally within the PL) challenge these regulations as hard as they can. Surely it cannot be the case that we are made to compete with an arm tied behind our back while our competitors for the league’s top places (and with that additional revenue) get away with using financial steroids? I mean trying to grow under our own steam is commendable and ultimately far more satisfying imo, but not while others take the absolute piss.

Edited by Unbelievable

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

If out play is to be squeaky clean to the point of panic selling on the PSR deadline day while a club like Chelsea gets away with moving their assets from one subsidiary to another to achieve the same outcome, at the very least I would expect our club to (internally within the PL) challenge these regulations as hard as they can. Surely it cannot be the case that we are made to compete with an arm tied behind our back while our competitors for the league’s top places (and with that additional revenue) get away with using financial steroids? I mean trying to grow under our own steam is commendable and ultimately far more satisfying imo, but not while others take the absolute piss.

I think part of our problem is we haven't had the right people in place that Chelsea did, mate. Operationally it's hard to flip a switch after being ran into the ground by the previous ownership. Chelsea have been 'well' run since Abramovich took over and had infrastructure in place for Boehly to come in with the capital required to invest that was required of him and Clearlake upon purchasing the club. There were other priorities needed for us to be able to attract the right people to the club and that was the on field product, which happened much quicker than expected.

3 hours ago, midds said:

I mean, it's clearly an absurd way to operate, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm meaning these ridiculous things appear to totally within these bullshit rules. The more shit like this that actually passes their bullshit rules the better, I want as many people to laugh in their faces and ask simple questions about their competency to construct and police the regulations. I'd love the PL and the PSR rules in general to be so farcical and so unfit for purpose that they have no portion but to rip it up and start again. 

If that happens and it’s a big if.

Then surely we are still limited but the UEFA rules yeah ? As we will be playing there year on year. Do theses set of rules limit owner connected sponsors and fair market value.

35 minutes ago, Hudson said:

If that happens and it’s a big if.

Then surely we are still limited but the UEFA rules yeah ? As we will be playing there year on year. Do theses set of rules limit owner connected sponsors and fair market value.

No idea tbph. Chelsea would be in the same situation and they don't appear to give a solitary fuck about UEFA rules either. Surely if they're putting this pigshit through the PL rules and regs they've got to put it through the Uefa rules and regs too? It's ridiculously hilarious :lol:

Although, on paper, UEFA's rules restrict associated party transactions to FMV they seem to have a far more lenient approach to that.

In the recent guardian article about Man City's case against the PL it indicated that they have no issue with how the UEFA rules operate.

Why don't PIF just buy the PL/UEFA/FIFA and then rig the rules to suit us and us only?

Our owners have more money than God but they're umming and ahhing about whether to sign Nigel Martyn or Tim Flowers as back up, back up, back up, back up keeper

21 minutes ago, NowakThePolak said:

Why don't PIF just buy the PL/UEFA/FIFA and then rig the rules to suit us and us only?

Our owners have more money than God but they're umming and ahhing about whether to sign Nigel Martyn or Tim Flowers as back up, back up, back up, back up keeper

Coz the PL are 20 clubs. Each club has a share in the premier league. Not sure why I’m giving a serious answer to this but here we are 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Coz the PL are 20 clubs. Each club has a share in the premier league. 

Buy them as well then. Why not? They already own half the Saudi league. You could probably get Southampton or Bournemouth for about 40 million each

29 minutes ago, NowakThePolak said:

Buy them as well then. Why not? They already own half the Saudi league. You could probably get Southampton or Bournemouth for about 40 million each

There are rules about owning more than one club in the same competition……..surely you’re not that naive.