Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

venting is one thing. You know full well that this forum has been inundated with this shit for awhile. whether it was Rafa our or the Eddie out shit last year. And it's normally the same damn offenders.

I’ve just become a grandad today so I’m in an amazing mood and won’t be put on a downer tonight, peace out man ✌️

4th/5th in the league and in a cup final. I'm leaving this here for the whingers.

Its disappointing, its frustrating, its annoying a couple more times but please fuck off with the over the top stuff.

We are going places.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

While no one is going to predict the Pope red. Seems surprisingly short sighted for how detail Howe is to not think of this type of scenario. Why wouldn't he have put Karius on the bench today. Just incase. How many competitive matches has Karius had in the last year of longer?

When was the last keeper to get a red for the Toon?

Guest reefatoon

Absolute shit set piece leading up to Pope getting sent off. We need to look at these as just putting the ball into the keepers hands immediately puts us under pressure.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, Jinky said:

He's just not good enough. Howe should have played Gordon.

I don't see how anyone can say with any certainty the first sentence - he's barely played and is still a bairn. The latter, arguably, but I don't see what difference Gordon makes to how clinical Liverpool have been and Pope's moment of madness.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Chrisjraby said:

Redknapp et al and their exaggeration of everything TAA does is fucking pathetic, one of the best assists in history, get to fuck

Aye, made me laugh with that ridiculous comment. The best pass in premier league history [emoji38]. What a knacker.

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

One incontrivertible thing is that the CHUDS will come out out whenever we experience any little bit of difficulty. 

It’s honestly so depressing. I think they enjoy being negative, makes them feel safe. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Most teams only have 2 strikers. Letting Shelvey go without getting a replacement was a risk and that backfired.

One who is fully fit half the time and another brand new to the league? Team’s with a realistic (and probably rare chance) of getting CL football don’t do that.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No we can’t, it’s because we paid that much for them in the summer and January transfer windows the exact reason why we couldn’t buy a central midfielder.

On top of this, our targets were not available, what do you want them to do, go down the list and buy another Chris Wood stop gap signing who was never going to be good enough?

Have you heard about this thing where you loan players rather than buy them and improve both the first team and the bench?

6 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

You don’t rate him? Fair enough, but there’s no way you can pin the first half performance on him. 

That's fair enough. I don't rate him, no, and I'm exaggerating a bit out of frustration. He shouldn't be anywhere near our starting XI. 

As a club, we took a risk that we could survive without reinforcing our midfield in the transfer window and we got burned. Not Anderson's fault that happened, not his fault he's playing, but he's not of a standard required for what we want to do.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The only criticism I’d offer for Howe’s team selection is not starting Gordon, given that he’s cup-tied next week.  We’ve played well enough - Trippier and Pope’s brain farts have cost us badly.

Id hoy him on half time and tell him to run his arse off, let someone save their legs for next week.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Exceptions and rules. He's lost two league games. Think the others more than balance that out and afford him a little credit.

He has done an insane job, there is no denying that. Howe has turned some dreadful players in to actually capable PL players and some amazing games, way beyond what I would even imagine. But that high line against a super pacey side when we have a somewhat slow defensive line in terms of speed got us done. And that's where I start to question why go with a 3 man midfield when its shattered, changing formation might not be the best bet and its all speculation of course, but was it for the best to continue with it and chucking Anderson in there? How come we played with such a high line when it is sorta begging to be punished much like Everton. Yeah, Nunez hasn't scored like a madman, but both him and Salah together has created an insane amount of chances, it was just about time the passes behind actually clicked.