Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

2 hours ago, LordJake said:

Was in Leazes second tier yesterday, plenty of singing where I was aided by a particularly excitable jock next to me.

Leazes east stand corner making a big effort as well 

Leazes East corner has been excellent this season.

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was a really loud version of the Blaydon Races in the Gallowgate yesterday 2nd half which I was delighted to hear. Agree with what you are saying though.

Aside from that there was a lad in the Gallowgate Upper just behind us with a huge megaphone which he was using to get the chants going! Lasted about 5 mins before the stewards took it off him, then 5 minutes before the end he started again so he either had another one or managed to get that one back [emoji38]

Probably the same lad who was outside the globe on Baker Street pre cup final, he was using it in club Wembley hospitality before the match anarl got some good chants going.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

If it's atmosphere you want, check out the moments after 12:53 on the match cam. Crank up the volume. It's EPIC.  Blaydon Races an aarl. Inject it. :cool:

Great to hear the Blaydon Races yesterday first time for ages inside the ground.

Lot of game people dotted around yesterday. Seem more standing towards back of stands.

Only thing i'm abit gutted about is not putting 1800 safe standing in leazes corner. Think 2 sections will sort it right out.

30 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Lot of game people dotted around yesterday. Seem more standing towards back of stands.

Only thing i'm abit gutted about is not putting 1800 safe standing in leazes corner. Think 2 sections will sort it right out.

Aye still think that section in NW corner would have been the place, would have been near away fans and got rest of Leazes going hopefully.

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Was great in the Gallowgate yesterday.

A lad I work with was in Leazes L4 under their fans and reckons a couple of vapes and coins were chucked. Can anyone confirm?

Wouldn't be surprised. They are the worst set of fans for doing that, utter cowards that they are.

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

Why?  Because we were beaten?

no. we sang it to them, then they ended up singing it back back to us when we fell silent for long periods.

just hate us singing it, thats all.

Can’t recall our fan’s singing that yesterday mind. Was definitely sung at us. Thought we were fairly quiet the entire game songbook wise. Plenty of encouragement for the team when we had some rare attacks but let’s be honest from minute one we were up against it. Fans in the main stayed until the end and sang to the team as they came across and left the pitch. So in the whole they were supported quite well but certainly very little chanting during the game.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Can’t recall our fan’s singing that yesterday mind. Was definitely sung at us. Thought we were fairly quiet the entire game songbook wise. Plenty of encouragement for the team when we had some rare attacks but let’s be honest from minute one we were up against it. Fans in the main stayed until the end and sang to the team as they came across and left the pitch. So in the whole they were supported quite well but certainly very little chanting during the game.

Been notable at lots of away games this season tbh. 

A lot less vocal support than in previous seasons away from home, not sure if it's because there's now an "expectation" that we win, rather than it being an added bonus. Or if it's due to a change in the makeup of our support. 

Even taking forest away, heard a few people saying it was "incredible" etc. But aside from the last ten mins was fairly flat throughout, and would have been an "average" atmosphere in seasons gone by. 

Notable diference yesterday and Brentford in type of people in attendance, Brentford far more "game blokes than yesterday" also hate 2 tier away blocks. Yesterday both tiers out of sync. Best away atmosoheres by far are likes of Brentford leeds leicester etc.

Trouble is winning games means fans will flog away tickets now as higher demand.

Your support is fucking shit is embarrassing as fuck.

I thought it was embarrassing in the lower tier yesterday.

Didn't really get going until 3-0 down songwise. Plenty of giving the players grief until that point but not a lot of encouragement. Which is basically what was required at a loud hostile ground where we're struggling to get going on the pitch.