Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Pictures of barely full busses going to Sheffield.

You can have your opinions on fairness but the club have absolutely killed the away day culture that has served us well. Trust are to blame as well. 

No they're not. They had nowt to do with it. 100% imposed by the club - and as with others were only 'engaged' after the decision on this had been made. This is 100% down to the new leadership at the club and their desire to 'have a fan base like Man United' and to attract new fans - they're on record saying that. 

13 minutes ago, Greg said:

No they're not. They had nowt to do with it. 100% imposed by the club - and as with others were only 'engaged' after the decision on this had been made. This is 100% down to the new leadership at the club and their desire to 'have a fan base like Man United' and to attract new fans - they're on record saying that. 

Right. So what are the trust going to do about it?

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Right. So what are the trust going to do about it?

Constantly engaging with the club on it and pushing them on it - but the Trust don't set the club's ticketing policy. 

Statement (1).png

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

The trust do need to be more vocal and make a stand. Not you @Gregbut you will know fairly or unfairly there are people who think that other members of the board are benefitting from restructuring ticket allocations they have less heart in a fight. 

Just now, OCOCOL said:

The trust do need to be more vocal and make a stand. Not you @Gregbut you will know fairly or unfairly there are people who think that other members of the board are benefitting from restructuring ticket allocations they have less heart in a fight. 

I get that - but it is total bullshit - if anything it is the opposite.

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Constantly engaging with the club on it and pushing them on it - but the Trust don't set the club's ticketing policy. 

Statement (1).png

Thsts all well and good but the game was on the 19th. I think this was reactive  when the time to strike was before the game. Still fair play keep pushing mate. 

1 minute ago, Greg said:

I get that - but it is total bullshit - if anything it is the opposite.

I’m not saying it’s fair but that’s the perception among a lot of seasoned travellers. 

Anyway keep fighting this and good luck. 

16 minutes ago, Greg said:

Statement (1).png

They don't set the policy but they have the best chance of influencing it.

I'm not saying that the Trust don't have a difficult job to do but unfortunately they need to do a lot better with this. Man Utd's plastic support is one of the drawbacks of their success and the last thing we should be trying to emulate.

56 minutes ago, Greg said:

I can't go back through posts on my phone but I'm pretty sure you said the club contacted the trust over ticketing checks and the Trust pointed towards Brightons system? 

Lo and behold, we now have a similar system. Were members consulted on implementing a similar system? Was that the consensus amongst fans? If not, the Trust should have said zip. That's where my claim that the blame lies with the Trust in part comes from. Of course, if I've misremembered that, I'll shut up.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I can't go back through posts on my phone but I'm pretty sure you said the club contacted the trust over ticketing checks and the Trust pointed towards Brightons system? 

Lo and behold, we now have a similar system. Were members consulted on implementing a similar system? Was that the consensus amongst fans? If not, the Trust should have said zip. That's where my claim that the blame lies with the Trust in part comes from. Of course, if I've misremembered that, I'll shut up.

That's correct - but that was after the club had decided to implement a ticket check / ID policy. We didn't advocate for it or a specific process but noted we were aware of the Brighton policy - which given what the club have implemented would be far more preferable to the system they have put in place. 

I’ve got no knowledge of what’s happening behind the scenes in relation to dialogue with the club about ticketing, but I reckon all supporters who are pissed off with the home and away ticketing should be making their frustrations known

Either directly contacting the club as individuals, or going via one of the supporter groups

We’ve got a leadership team at the club who to date have appeared willing to engage with supporters and now is the time to increase the pressure & dialogue about how poor the new policies are

If they’re not willing to communicate and listen to fan feedback when so many are pissed off, then for me that would be a real concern 

Edited by bobbydazzla

59 minutes ago, Greg said:

That's correct - but that was after the club had decided to implement a ticket check / ID policy. We didn't advocate for it or a specific process but noted we were aware of the Brighton policy - which given what the club have implemented would be far more preferable to the system they have put in place. 

What’s the difference Greg I’m taking it Brighton don’t give some of their fans fake tickets ?

I’m not sure what the crack is today with where the box office is located, but this has real potential to go wrong at some point for someone having to trek through home fans very close to kick off, especially if they have colours on.

I can’t believe the police are happy about this I get the numbers are probably low, but seems unacceptable taking into account potential risk factor.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

What’s the difference Greg I’m taking it Brighton don’t give some of their fans fake tickets ?

I’m not sure what the crack is today with where the box office is located, but this has real potential to go wrong at some point for someone having to trek through home fans very close to kick off, especially if they have colours on.

I can’t believe the police are happy about this I get the numbers are probably low, but seems unacceptable taking into account potential risk factor.

With Brighton you get told in advance that you’ll have to pick your ticket up from the away box office (ID required). Not sure how far in advance you get told, maybe a week?

If no-one turns up to collect it, that goes down as a black mark, and any sanctions can be based off that.

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

You can have your opinions on fairness but the club have absolutely killed the away day culture that has served us well. Trust are to blame as well. 

Why is it that the people who were going on other people's ST now can't go? Presumably ST holders are still taking up the tickets to get the points then just not showing up?

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

With Brighton you get told in advance that you’ll have to pick your ticket up from the away box office (ID required). Not sure how far in advance you get told, maybe a week?

If no-one turns up to collect it, that goes down as a black mark, and any sanctions can be based off that.

Seems slightly better and especially if you’re taking a young kid with you. I wonder if the club are sensible enough not to give an adult a fake ticket when they’ve also purchased a child ticket in the group ?

Potentially you could have a young kid stuck inside the ground by themselves.

Edited by Whitley mag

Its complete bollocks mind. There’s a risk that some buses will stop doing aways, forcing fans to find other, more expensive, ways to get there. 

We need the away support and we’re in danger of destroying a large part of it.

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They don't - the pre-select a small number in advance and inform they have to collect on the day. The whole cancelling random tickets is one of the worst ideas ever, it really is bonkers. 

38 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im not really sure what a fa base like ManU would mean in the context of away support. 

Think that comment was aimed more at the home crowd / global fan base.

That said for Man United every single away game is a ballot - and they do it on levels. Gold, Silver etc. 

E.g. for their game at our place in December applications to the ballot will be open to Executive Club Members (so corporate), Season Ticket holders at Silver Level and above who purchased all home cup games in 2022/23. As far as I am aware their categories are based on how many years you've had your ST rather than away game attendance.

The Man United system would be deeply unpopular here I think - that said at least they are transparent on how many applicants and what the allocation is etc.

Edited by Greg

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’ve got no knowledge of what’s happening behind the scenes in relation to dialogue with the club about ticketing, but I reckon all supporters who are pissed off with the home and away ticketing should be making their frustrations known

Either directly contacting the club as individuals, or going via one of the supporter groups

We’ve got a leadership team at the club who to date have appeared willing to engage with supporters and now is the time to increase the pressure & dialogue about how poor the new policies are

If they’re not willing to communicate and listen to fan feedback when so many are pissed off, then for me that would be a real concern 

I agree but I’ve sent 2 endings to the club . Neither have been acknowledged. 

29 minutes ago, Greg said:

Think that comment was aimed more at the home crowd / global fan base.

That said for Man United every single away game is a ballot - and they do it on levels. Gold, Silver etc. 

E.g. for their game at our place in December applications to the ballot will be open to Executive Club Members (so corporate), Season Ticket holders at Silver Level and above who purchased all home cup games in 2022/23. As far as I am aware their categories are based on how many years you've had your ST rather than away game attendance.

The Man United system would be deeply unpopular here I think - that said at least they are transparent on how many applicants and what the allocation is etc.

Fucking hell, our lot had better not even contemplate such a system here. Makes you wonder how they have maintained a decent away following.

11 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The away section looked rammed to me.