Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Will get slated for this but with all the shite songs that get sang why have we never sang Eddie howe howe howe to the tune of feeling hot? Actually be canny song to keep going over time and sang loud.

Also bring back "howay the lads howay" bring the noise tomorrow lads

7 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Criminally underused. Would try this in the NE corner last season a few times. Very few would join in.

But if it’s “We’veeeeee got Bruno in the middle” 

Different story :lol:

Speaking of which that song seems to have died a death. 

13 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Will get slated for this but with all the shite songs that get sang why have we never sang Eddie howe howe howe to the tune of feeling hot? Actually be canny song to keep going over time and sang loud.

If you're going to slate the current song list, you can't then come out with "Eddie Howe Howe Howe" as an alternative like. [emoji38] :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Criminally underused. Would try this in the NE corner last season a few times. Very few would join in.

But if it’s “We’veeeeee got Bruno in the middle” 

Different story :lol:

Speaking of which that song seems to have died a death. 

Might have more success with it in the Strawberry corner, great song and part of the clubs identity should be a staple.

20 minutes ago, Scoot said:

If you're going to slate the current song list, you can't then come out with "Eddie Howe Howe Howe" as an alternative like. [emoji38] :facepalm:

We have a lack of songs thay keep ganin. Sure everyone slated that saka smith rowe song and copied it.

We are shite at singing old songs like. Would rather here peter lovenkrands or jonas song than bruno in middle.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Might have more success with it in the Strawberry corner, great song and part of the clubs identity should be a staple.

Would of been class to hace a standing section in both ends singing in back to each other

1 hour ago, Wallace said:

Not really a fan of recycling songs for different players but the Mitro song really used to get everyone going.  Think it would work well for Isak.

Agree for the most part. See Kieran Trippier over the wall for example.

Is make an exception for the Habib Beye, Logic Remy and Merino songs as they hardly got sung anyway, for various reasons.

Edited by Rafalove

18 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Agree for the most part. See Kieran Trippier over the wall for example.

Is make an exception for the Habib Beye, Logic Remy and Merino songs as they hardly got sung anyway, for various reasons.

Habib Beye song was (I think) genuinely original, can you remind me of the Remy and Mikel Merino songs? Old she failing me here 

Merino: he comes from Spain and he’s fucking class, indact he’s better than Fabregas, Merino, La La La La La La La Merino……. 

remy: I woke up one morning feeling fine, because we’ve got Remy and he leads our line, he plays football the way, the way, the way, that you should, something tells me I’m on to something good

18 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Home atmosphere was up and down today. I'd give it 7 out of 10. But until they scored their fans were completely silent. Worst I've seen at SJP for years.

I'd be fucking embarrassed if our away end turned up and carried on like that.

Thought the same thing. Forgot how many there were until the goal and the first noise the majority of them made all game.

Must be a hard life not being guaranteed wins.

45 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Home atmosphere was up and down today. I'd give it 7 out of 10. But until they scored their fans were completely silent. Worst I've seen at SJP for years.

I'd be fucking embarrassed if our away end turned up and carried on like that.

Tbh, I heard them on TV sometimes more than our fans not sure if that was due to positioning of mics.

The way people filtered out after the second went in was unbelievable. 

And the booing at full time…get to fuck. 

It’s one of the first games in the Howe era at home that has gone like that - and people clearly are used to having things their own way. And they react like that? Fucking shameful. 

Just now, TheGuv said:

It’s one of the first games in the Howe era at home that has gone like that - and people clearly are used to having things their own way. And they react like that? Fucking shameful. 

People actually booed?

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

When that second goal went in a lot of people around me just lost their shit. Normally sensible people as well, were properly screaming at the players. Was completely bizarre and I'm still not sure why. Third day on the drink in a row? Tantrum because of who the opposition were?