Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Great stuff last night minus that homophobic Sunderland chant and some stupid cunts in the concourse pointing to a black steward and singing Ameobi songs. Let’s be a bit better than that, eh lads?

wtf!?

From watching on TV, Havertz got the fans raging and made the atmosphere better for us and in turn, worse for them.  Was it Xhaka last year that did similar at Anfield? Brain dead decision making.  

Been said numerous times. But if we’re not winning and it’s a tight, but uneventful game. We are awful at getting an atmosphere going. Most fans will be similar, I’m sure.

A bit of injustice, some aggro or when we are under the cosh against a good side. All seem to result in us getting behind the team when we’re otherwise not scoring or creating chances. 

The team and the fans feed of each other and once that moment clicks we seem unstoppable.

However the opposite is true and I still think we have another season or two for a few people to shrug off the Ashley years and support without fear.

Dortmund, Southampton second half and man U final felt like there was a collective nervousness resulting in a pause of support when the team needed us the most.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

Heard our fans on TV a few times second half but every time the camera panned to them they were just stood in silence. It might sound daft but I didn't recognise anyone from our support from the shots tonight. Who are some of these people? :lol:

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Or most of the singers haven't got tickets and are in the bars, like at Wembley?

That’s the most likely explanation. If I hadn’t gotten glimpses of our away end when the ball went near them, I would have thought there was no away fans there based on the sound. Were the mics turned down or something? 

Mind, I thought that their much-vaunted crowd weren’t that impressive either.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

We can’t keep using that as an excuse 

Sure the mackems used it everytime they got twitted at Wembley

Tired off Trafalgar Square ffs

Barely heard a peep out of the away end all night. I know it's a noisy stadium but when you watch the likes of man u Liverpool away in Europe in loud crowds they can still be heard

Probably too many people just wanting to be there and get a picture for their facebook. Not actually arsed about supporting the team

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That’s the most likely explanation. If I hadn’t gotten glimpses of our away end when the ball went near them, I would have thought there was no away fans there based on the sound. Were the mics turned down or something? 

Mind, I thought that their much-vaunted crowd weren’t that impressive either.

Like I say you could just about hear our fans a few times but I totally agree with you about the yellow wall and the rest of their fans were like the east stand on a bad day  I think that if we had some sort of organised singing end we would shit all over these ultra type crowds. I just hope something comes to fruition in the next few years.

12 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Like I say you could just about hear our fans a few times but I totally agree with you about the yellow wall and the rest of their fans were like the east stand on a bad day  I think that if we had some sort of organised singing end we would shit all over these ultra type crowds. I just hope something comes to fruition in the next few years.

Yeah I thought their support was mundane at best. Even the noise they made had an emptiness to it, totally out of sync with the rhythm of the game.

They can suck my balls with their moralising demonstration over money too. They’ve been challenging in the top two of their domestic league whilst also playing CL football consecutively for years. If their club had been ran like ours has for decades then they’d likely be receptive to oil money too, the patronising cunts.

Edited by Wandy

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

Sure the mackems used it everytime they got twitted at Wembley

Tired off Trafalgar Square ffs

Barely heard a peep out of the away end all night. I know it's a noisy stadium but when you watch the likes of man u Liverpool away in Europe in loud crowds they can still be heard

Probably too many people just wanting to be there and get a picture for their facebook. Not actually arsed about supporting the team

I mean I just don’t get this talking into your phone whilst  in the stadium, everything that’s wrong about wor lot at the minute embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYtatxbQQ0