Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

7 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

That's the problem with randomly allocated seating. A friend of ours was put in the Strawberry Corner for tonight with her 10 year old son and 6 year old daughter. It was literally the last place she wanted to be!

Pretty much the same as what I’ve seen in there 

I’m wholeheartedly in favour of young kids being at the match, I’ve taken mine now and again 

But kids getting auto-allocated tickets in the only area of the ground where adults are allowed to stand and make a racket is ridiculous 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Received this email from the club this week after I highlighted frustrations with the ballot and ticketing system, feels like it relevant to match atmosphere discussion 

It was my understanding that ticketing workshops in the summer were invite only ? 

We are committed to ensuring supporters everywhere feel as connected to Newcastle United as possible. Going to the match is a unique experience that puts supporters at the heart of the action, and we work hard to ensure as many of our fans as possible have that opportunity by operating a fair ticketing system.

I appreciate that ticketing is a key discussion area for many fans, and we will take on board your feedback below as part of our ongoing engagement. Please do keep a look out for future workshops on topics that effect fans and may be important to you – it would be great if you could join us.

6 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

There was tons of moaning around me today.

Someone shouted to Wilson to get a grip FFS.

Some of our fans, man. "Useless" and "fucking dickhead" were just two of the insults thrown at Lascelles and Dummett as we approached half-time at 0-0 against Man City. :lol:

I honestly don't know why some people cling onto their tickets. It really doesn't seem like an enjoyable experience for them. They certainly don't contribute to any sort of positive atmosphere because they don't sing. 

5 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Some of our fans, man. "Useless" and "fucking dickhead" were just two of the insults thrown at Lascelles and Dummett as we approached half-time at 0-0 against Man City. :lol:

I honestly don't know why some people cling onto their tickets. It really doesn't seem like an enjoyable experience for them. They certainly don't contribute to any sort of positive atmosphere because they don't sing. 

Maybe being a moaning cunt and getting to vent is their form of therapy?

10 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

People don’t even need to sing, just getting behind the team with vocal encouragement would be enough.

But so many turn up week after week,year after year just to piss & moan even now we’ve got a side to be proud of 

You’ve got to ask what would make the miserable fuckers happy if they can’t take joy from our current situation 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I think the PSG game set expectations so high, in terms of the performance and the atmosphere, that a lot of people were probably expecting the same sort of night. Once Dortmund started getting a grip of the game, the crowd didn’t have the team to buzz off bar a couple of occasions - not saying that’s how it should be but that’s how it felt.

Atmosphere was better second half to be fair and if one of those chances go in, it would have took off id imagine. 

Blaming the Dortmund fans for our own utterly shite atmosphere is pretty pathetic mind. :lol:

Drum or no drum our lot turned up expecting to win and just pissed and moaned when we didn't. It was one of the most disappointing atmospheres I can ever remember considering the circumstances.

Even Saturday was like last night for the most of it.

Too many old cunts in the ground moaning, too many cunts expecting us to now steamroller teams and worst of all too many day-trippers who spend most of the time on their phones recording large sections of the game not really caring about the result.

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Blaming the Dortmund fans for our own utterly shite atmosphere is pretty pathetic mind. :lol:

Drum or no drum our lot turned up expecting to win and just pissed and moaned when we didn't. It was one of the most disappointing atmospheres I can ever remember considering the circumstances.

The crowd expecting us to win is a big part of it like. Hasn’t taken long for the entitlement to set in.

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I could only tell by way of TV but I think this is spot on. I think I even expected us to win a little myself and I’m usually level headed. Did feel a bit like people were waiting for it to catch fire rather than the atmosphere driving the team. Dortmund did well to keep it quiet right enough, but we’re not really a crowd that keeps up the noise when things aren’t going our way.

People just don’t seem to get that being a fan in the ground is an interactive experience, how you react to players influences how they react on the pitch and vice versa. It also completely changes your experience of the match, you’re more connected to it. It’s not like everyone needs to go full pelt all match long but ideally most people would. And the negativity is so frustrating, it’s ok to let out a gasp of disappointment but don’t follow it up with stuff about how shit the players are. Lad behind me was laying into Burn and Longstaff all match, was ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

We need mass seat moves, 8k like minded fans together. Hopefully we can make it happen but probably get moaning fuckers complaining as pee usual

Need a group to take the lead but as ever there's too many factions

I'd rather see the flags sacked off and an atmosphere like you've said rather than what we've got now

Unlimited membership is an issue. 

"Oh Newcastle are playing PSG and Dortmund, I fancy that, I'll sign up and join the ballot"

"Oh I'd like to a see a semi final, I'll sign up for membership and join the ballot"

Membership should have went off sale as soon as a ball was kicked this season. You knew whether you were going to watch a game or not before the season started, not just because we drew Dortmund. The club has done fuck all for touting too but made it worse. 

If you really must buy off a tout, and I don't really blame people for it, I've done it before, do everyone a favour and report whoever's name is on the ticket post match.

Just now, NUFC91 said:

Amount of people near me with tickets who honestly couldnt find their seats, sat with half and half scarfs, how are these getting tickets.

Dunno if its me just looking at it from a geet selfish POV but it feels like those are the sort of people the club wants getting tickets whereas non-ST holders who've been going to most games for years they couldn't give a shit about. All about "growing the fanbase". 

None of the issues from this season were happening last season AFAIK. Should speak volumes to the club but I honestly think they'll just dig their heels in; don't think they give a toss.

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

People just don’t seem to get that being a fan in the ground is an interactive experience, how you react to players influences how they react on the pitch and vice versa. It also completely changes your experience of the match, you’re more connected to it. It’s not like everyone needs to go full pelt all match long but ideally most people would. And the negativity is so frustrating, it’s ok to let out a gasp of disappointment but don’t follow it up with stuff about how shit the players are. Lad behind me was laying into Burn and Longstaff all match, was ridiculous 

You could hear it at the telly when Pope punched it shortly after they scored. It wasn't a reactive gasp or groan, it was a quick barrage of people shouting-complaining.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

It's easy to blame these people. But there's 30+ thousand season ticket holders in there. That's the big majority. Why aren't they creating the noise?

Yeah. It's fair enough questioning the ticketing policy and how to get the people who really care in, but I don't think these lack of atmospheres can really be blamed on that.

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

It's easy to blame these people. But there's 30+ thousand season ticket holders in there. That's the big majority. Why aren't they creating the noise?

Spot on, I think the trust/trusts need to push hard for seat moves. Anyone who wants to stand and create a noise needs to be together.

Too many boring moaning bastards

Edited by NUFC91

Yeah I find it strange that there seem to a number talking as if shite atmosphere hasn't been a problem before this season. Granted there wasn't previously as much on pitch success to rally behind but I still came away from matches many a time thinking how shite the bulk of our fans had been.

Edited by wormy