Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

It would help if the songs weren’t sang faster than the speed of light

Even once you figure out what the words are, keeping in time as they belt through it at a billion miles an hour is something even the finest Makina MC would struggle with 

Imagine new monkey pre match man. Cowies handed out in the concourse, 20 quid for 3. Be the best atmosphere in world football. 

Apropos of nothing really don't know how many stopped back long enough to catch the regular post match playing of "We Wish You Well" by Whitesnake back in 93/94. It really fit a calm after the storm feeling of the atmosphere in those days and as you headed home - being the last thing you'd hear there but was there some link to Keegan tailing off many interviews of the time saying "wish you well"? 

Just whenever I hear it, I always wonder that.

Edited by Wolfcastle

19 hours ago, SteV said:

Tbh, there’s no other option than walking away. Waste of time going to the box office and trying to claim a ticket you don’t have ID for.

I suspect that if you get given a duff ticket and you don’t appear at the box office and collect the genuine one, that gets noted down somewhere…

Yeah that'd be my fear, that not collecting is noted the same as wrong ID.

• 2 weeks later...

One of them ones where the 3 points never seemed in doubt and there were very little reasons to get animated.

Mind I found it pretty flat at the start before a ball had been kicked. Odd considering everyone was clamming for the football to be back.

I spent a lot of time talking to people about Wednesday so I wonder if the CL is on people's mind

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

Whole pre-match build up need a drastic change imo. Announcer has an incredibly limp cuck voice and he needs to stop cramming 6 tracks between players coming out and kickoff. 

He's an absolutely terrible announcer for reading the room and encouraging atmosphere, just totally jarring and incessant.

And whoever has control over the volume of this man, and his back catalog of shite music needs a serious word like, it's absolutely ear splitting man.

I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday; it was never gonna be bouncing given the fixture and it being job done at half-time, but I thought there was a pretty consistent backing and the Tonali chants felt plenty vociferous from where I was. Didn't hear the Palace fans but for a short round of "shhh" at around 80 minutes when the game was dead and buried.

I wonder how many hundred missed the two goals at the end of the first half. Fucking hell, man. Absolutely dozens of people piling out around me from the 38th minute onwards. Do they really just not give that much of a fuck, like? Is that what it comes down to? I guess we knew this from the Ashley days.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday; it was never gonna be bouncing given the fixture and it being job done at half-time, but I thought there was a pretty consistent backing and the Tonali chants felt plenty vociferous from where I was. Didn't hear the Palace fans but for a short round of "shhh" at around 80 minutes when the game was dead and buried.

I wonder how many hundred missed the two goals at the end of the first half. Fucking hell, man. Absolutely dozens of people piling out around me from the 38th minute onwards. Do they really just not give that much of a fuck, like? Is that what it comes down to? I guess we knew this from the Ashley days.

I know I bang this drum but when did we get so entitled that thousands of fans leave early at a 4.0 game.

Honestly more fans are leaving earlier now then when we were crap.

Lad next to me fucked off on about 40 mins and came back at about 50 mins. Was on his phone loads in the second half too. Looked up a few times to whine about players. Called Lascelles a donkey at one point.

The sooner these lot fuck off the better. Waste of a ticket.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Lad next to me fucked off on about 40 mins and came back at about 50 mins. Was on his phone loads in the second half too. Looked up a few times to whine about players. Called Lascelles a donkey at one point.

The sooner these lot fuck off the better. Waste of a ticket.

Unfortunately the opposite is going to happen, as when the ground expansion arrives there will be even more of these types.

Old lad in front of me booed the taking of the knee, spent a lot of time loading up paddy power and then tried to take a video of the players but had the camera on self-view or whatever it’s called so was just recording himself for ages. Then after a while he gave up on trying to turn the camera around and just turned his phone around to face the pitch and recorded it by flailing his phone around 

The bar at 35 mins crew seem to treat the match as something that gets in the way of their day on the peeve  

And what have thousands of people got on at 5pm on a Sat that’s so urgent they have to stream out at 85 mins when we’re 4-0 up

Tickets are like gold dust and people can’t even be arsed to watch the full game 

Was a noticeable amount of empty seats in Milburn L7 too 

Strawberry Corner was very vocal, as ever. Get standing sections in all 4 corners and we’d be onto something 

I was stunned by all the people leaving at 35-40 minutes considering there was going to be a hefty added time too. Glad they missed two goals tbh. :lol: 

Tonali warming up for the first time was great, everyone stood up even in the Platinum Club and was one of the noisiest moments of the afternoon.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Three next to me all missed the second and third. I was raging thinking about what people would give to get in and see a goal these days. Don’t get it at all. 

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Sounded dead on the telly unfortunately. Until a proper singing section is made, preferably two, we are just going to be going round in circles.

there was a period around 80mins with the longest silence I ever remember hearing. Like I said it was partly understandable, but 4-0 up hearing that I was fidgeting in my seat with awkwardness waiting for it to be broken (could’ve done that myself like so who am I to talk)

People are just too interested in getting their pints in before the rush/getting to the bus queue first.

Even when we are getting slapped, I wait till the very miserable end, it's what you paid for ultimately.

I’ve left early in the bad old days, when we regularly got spanked, the players were halfarsed and going to the match was a chore. Peeve was needed to numb the pain

But these days we’ve got a top side, usually win at home and being at the match is a joy

So frustrating to see thousands piling for the exits at 4-0 up on 85 mins

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED 

Edited by bobbydazzla