Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

As I said already, if you get a slightly easier group, far more chance of qualifying and going through to the next stage. THEN you get to play these teams anyway, your profile grows even more, and you get momentum.

My take is that we aren't just there for the sake of it, we want to go deep in the competition, and an easier draw makes that more likely.

And I get that and there's logic to what you're saying, you're not wrong :thup:

I just think that if you are good enough to qualify then the reward should be huge games and big occasions rather than squeaking through and surviving for as long as possible. It's just 2 sides of the same coin 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What is Eales saying?

We got Tonali from Milan, so it’s an exciting draw from him, we took loads to the San Siro when we played Inter, and he doesn’t think he has seen a Mackem in Milan.

3 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Do you really think that PSG is my 8th French team after only 3 games? You would think differently if you had seen the content of the matches.

I'm was being massively sarcastic, but i'm guessing that doesn't really come across well via Google Translate :lol: 

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s definitely not small time enjoying some glamour times having had the life sucked out of us for years under Ashley. 

Yeah, I mean nobody thought we'd beat Barcelona in 97 but didn't everybody celebrate the fact we got them?

Know I did.

1 minute ago, prefabtoon said:

Typical this, A hard start in the premier league. Man city In the Carabo cup.

And now the group of death in the champions league.

Someone doesn't like us do they. :hunter:

Shame Messi, Neymar, Bellingham isnt in their team anymore. Not hard enough. Lets get it harder.

In the last Group of Death, Japan beat Germany for the first time ever, and then beat Spain, for the first time ever.

No Messi, Neymar, or Bellingham and Tonali is now in black and white. Just believe!