Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Massively buzzing for Milan like. Proper European royalty tie.

Just leaves Bayern, Ajax and Real Madrid to check off the list for a full house of having played them all now.

CBS coverage:

- PSG sweating the most. They will be relying on Mbappe to carry the entire team.

- Iconic locations in football.

- Big chances for Pulisic and Musuh (for the US perspective)

- Predicted: Milan & Newcastle thru by all 3 in the studio. Paris 3rd. 

I'm actually coming round to it the more I think of it - 3 cracking cities, we haven't played any of them before, whereas we have played a fair few of the other 31 teams in my time.

The only thing is with the Liverpool result and the fact it was a 6 point swing out of nowhere against a direct rival, tough League Cup draw, and obviously no easy CL matches, there (shouldn't be but) could be a bit of pressure on Howe if we do find the coming months tough, whereas wins vs Copenhagen / Red Star / Feyenoord would have given us more chance to build instant momentum / and use the squad more.

Exciting times though. 6 eagerly anticipated matches and probably as much chance of getting out of the group as Dortmund and Milan have, and PSG probably aren't as daunting as they used to be, and a good chance to raise the clubs profile if we were to do well.

It's definitely not Real and Bayern levels of toughness, where we would very likely be playing for 3rd from the off.

Bring it on!

23 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Just clocked the first game is a fortnight on Tues/Wed man, just had in my head it'd be about a month or so away despite seeing the fixture dates previously. :lol: Bring it on!

Hope the box office are prepared ?

32 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Someone said it was shite?

Sounds like that person has never been to Dortmund for a match then.

It's certainly not a "party" city, but a match day brings the place alive.