Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

Tonali Milan connection been mentioned already.

Isak was at Dortmund too previously as well, which is interesting.

Botman and Bruno will be used to playing PSG too, with Botman winning the league ahead of them.

Some pretty cool links.

7 minutes ago, NSG said:

Can’t say just how happy I am with this draw. Some of the best of the best in Europe coming to SJP and none of them will be happy about the draw. 

Worth remembering that we were the pot4 side nobody wanted.

From that Dortmund forum:

Milan is my favorite. Bock strong team, with Tonali only given one service provider, otherwise held the team together and aggressively added a lot of speed again. Pioli is a very good, tactically accomplished trainer and I don't see any real weakness in Milan.
Behind it I see PSG and Newcastle roughly the same, and us as crystal clear outsiders.

I don't really have much respect for PSG, maybe they have more to do with themselves, that was a turbulent summer, it can inhibit. Newcastle for me the strongest opponent, Milan a level.
Wintering European would be good, so without double burden in the second half of the season would be suboptimal.

So pure according to the gut feeling:
We may be able to get a point against Paris and Newcastle at home. Milan will simply tactically fool us twice.
There is a lot of baking food three times out there.

Something between zero and two points for us. I'm afraid it will be really bad.

Rational:
How favorable that my gut feeling is often wrong. Horses in front of pharmacies, referees and VAR. Possibly. Opponents who are already through the last game and who are running with the B team.
I would find Europa League acceptable.

I'm going to be reading so many random forums tonight - probably look for a Schalke one, our sister city, for their BVB reaction (big rivals) :indi:. It's definitely done no harm for the old profile this draw.

Edited by Paullow

Adam Pearson saying he’s been waiting 20 years for this. He must have been a toddler surely?  Anyways, I don’t know why I googled how old he was, only to get a bit of an awkward result. 

….you’re all going to hell. but not me. Not me…..

IMG_2553.jpeg

Imagine if Milan / Dortmund / PSG fans dip in here and read the Liverpool match thread then start quoting it in their forums 

Consensus would be that we’re about to sack Eddie and every player is so shit they all need peddling 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Imagine if Milan / Dortmund / PSG fans dip in here and read the Liverpool match thread then start quoting it in their forums 

Consensus would be that we’re about to sack Eddie and every player is so shit they need peddling 

Good and then “the swarm” ? 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's a fucking class draw. Three huge clubs but we've got as good a chance as the other 3. We've avoided the "mega elite" like Bayern, Real & Barca, drawn three of the biggest clubs in the world, and still fancy us to go through. 

I wouldn’t class Barca as mega elite currently - they are an absolute train wreck