Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle United (28/05/2023)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Beren said:

We need a new first choice RW. Miggy is sound af, but he's not the one. The cutting on to his left stuff is just not nearly as lethal as we need to be.

Tough ask to upgrade without big bucks though. To get that kinda workrate plus ruthlessness tends to cost.

Don't think it's possible to find a winger who is on par with him in terms of work rate and stamina, but better technically. 

6 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Miggy stinks at the moment.

Needs grealish to Mock him again. 

“Miggy stinks at the moment”?

The same Miggy that was integral to our last two performances (particularly against Brighton). He’s been outstanding recently.

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Could that Trippier OG be any unluckier? Got a foot to it and it was going away from goal but rebounded off his outstretched arm, cruel that.

It’s lucky it went in as I’m sure the ref would have been sent to the monitor if it didn’t 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Nope.

Can't dribble or use his right foot. Always checks inside on his left and ruins the rhythm of so many attacks.

He's got pace and he grafts. There's not much else in there.

There's quite a lot more actually. But even pace and hard work should be appreciated, it's one of the reasons why we are in the CL next season.

Miggy needs to look for others instead of thinking he can pop curlers in everytime. 

Other than Gordon scoring he's been fairly average, the best of the play has been all down the left with Maxi, Anderson,  and Isak all linking up well. 

Chelsea piss me off, so hopefully we see this through, and finishing 3rd over Man Utd would be great. 

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

And to people saying we shouldn't care how the game ends because we've got CL: Kindly fuck off :lol: We have the opportunity to finish 3rd in ahead of Man Utd. Should be enough motivation for the players to leave everything they've got on the pitch today.*

*Regardless of result today it's still been a magnificent season, in case that needed to be clarified.

We have a couple million reasons to want to win this.

Just now, Tiresias said:

I would love to beat man u to 3rd but 4th still huge achievement, i am really struggling to get angry about anything tbh :lol:

Disappointing level of criticism of the players (and manager).

Will never get a better chance to chill the fuck out and deal with the imperfections of a football match that have always been and will always be there.

It's mad how disinterested I seem to be today.

By disinterested I mean I'm still on here and Flashscore, peeking in this thread, but I think I'm so exhausted by what's already come this season that I just don't have the energy for such a low stakes game now. :lol: