2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

1 minute ago, Lish007 said:

Yeah, there's a lot of research coming out that ACLs in men are decreasing but in women are staying the same. Called the ACL gender gap! Will be to do with hormones but it definitely needs looking into. 

I work with a male doctor at work who is currently updating the anatomy and physiology medical book because there are many female body parts/mechanisms not actually even mentioned in it, which is sort of astounding tbh but just shows how little research has been done on women's bodies and their difference. 

Anyway I hope it's not as bad for Walsh as feared. Not sure how old she is but hope it's not her last feature for England. 

She's 26. She'll be back :)

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

She's 26. She'll be back :)

She will, but she'll miss the majority of next season! 

There is definitely a huge issue with ACLs in the women's game, it has to be hormone related, but I also wonder if its to do with how early female players start getting strength and conditional training. Male players start so early in academy's where as female players are probably not getting that level as young.

Hopefully the more research that happens, the more things can be done to prevent them.

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Team looks short on confidence and maybe the loss of their top players is having both a mental and physical impact.

Six of the euro final team are now out of todays line up (five injured)

Yeah it can't be helping. 

Williamson is a huge miss. The back line is elevated to another level when she plays. These guys look disorganised. They're losing all of their leaders which has a huge effect on the squad. 

1 hour ago, iklgizmo said:

She will, but she'll miss the majority of next season! 

There is definitely a huge issue with ACLs in the women's game, it has to be hormone related, but I also wonder if its to do with how early female players start getting strength and conditional training. Male players start so early in academy's where as female players are probably not getting that level as young.

Hopefully the more research that happens, the more things can be done to prevent them.

this, great point about the strength and condition training - the women's game is light years away (obv due to finances etc that is being invested), but I believe once they get that level up, the womens game will massively improve (player ability and spectacle wise) and less cases hopefully of these injuries.

at the mo the pace/power/strength isn't there, and sometimes the shots taken look like their in slow-mo compared to mens.

the women's game needs more financial investment, then it can be properly judged in my opinion.......

Just now, maybe_next_year said:

China 1-0 up after a penalty but they're down to 10 players, been an interesting second half. 

Should have been another penalty. Absolutely no idea how VAR didn’t give it.

16 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Saw this a while ago, seemed appropriate to post given the last few posts, genuinely quite interesting. 

I was going to say - men and women are built different anatomically. But everything about football training and equipment is built for men.  Including scientific research.  

Edited by The College Dropout

5 hours ago, Disco said:

Eva Braun’s great granddaughter scoring for the Argies earlier. And they say women’s football doesn’t throw up narrative.

She tried golf first apparently.

38 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It would be mad being related to Hitler like. I cannot think of anything that would top that as an introduction.

Not sure I’d open with it like. Particularly with my glass jaw.

Italy always promise so much, then fail to deliver.

Might actually be a blessing for them this though, as there is a chance USA come 2nd in their group, which means they would play the winner of this one!!