2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

31 minutes ago, Ben said:

Are these Philipines women from the Philipines ? 

As someone from the Philippines, they are half-Filipino, half-something else. Usually a Filipino mother, which is why the names don't sound Filipino. [emoji38] We only have one truly homegrown player (Castaneda)

Proud to get our first win!

4 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

As someone from the Philippines, they are half-Filipino, half-something else. Usually a Filipino mother, which is why the names don't sound Filipino. [emoji38] We only have one truly homegrown player (Castaneda)

Aye great first win, I've just read an article which basically says they are the USA B team, should be great moving forward though and getting more Philipine women interested in football.

Edited by Ben

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Just watched Norway - Switerland. Really, really poor quality.

TBF the whole thing has been so far, hopefully it will take off once the knockout starts 

1 hour ago, Ameritoon said:

They're mostly from the US

Aye, I found out today they even held open trials in LA for anyone with a Philipineo parent, could probably be a TV show in their somewhere.

Modern BBC, shout down anyone for pointing out Stanley Johnson beat his wife and put her in hospital, i.e., free pass over minority rights for UK vested interests, but hassle a sportswoman from another country, them not surprisingly picking on a Muslim one, over that country's perceived minority rights.

17 hours ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Happy for your team for sure. I heard 18 of the women were born in the USA. I thought that was crazy but I completely enjoyed the win.

15 hours ago, Ben said:

TBF the whole thing has been so far, hopefully it will take off once the knockout starts 

I don't agree at all but completely understand where you are coming from. Been some poor football for sure but some interesting matches played out, at least for me.

Plus the Portuguese keeper looked great. I mean played well.

On 22/07/2023 at 11:02, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I really like the explanation on mic, been calling for it for ages.

Obviously more difficult for refs who don’t speak good English, but generally I like it. 

Urgh again. Spain goal referred to VAR for offside. Ref (from Korea?) does the sign and announces very clearly “No goal”. Only she meant to say “No offside”.

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Urgh again. Spain goal referred to VAR for offside. Ref (from Korea?) does the sign and announces very clearly “No goal”. Only she meant to say “No offside”.

Feel for her having to announce it in a second language but was like a Two Ronnies sketch :lol:

"Was it a goal"?

"No, offside"

"No offside?"

"No, goal."

"No goal?"

"No offside, so no. Goal"

"No? Offside? So no goal?"

On 25/07/2023 at 10:03, Dyeyzzon said:

Used to be affectionately known as “Askal” :lol:, which is a bit insulting but, hey.

12 hours ago, McCormick said:

Used to be affectionately known as “Askal” :lol:, which is a bit insulting but, hey.

Actually the mens team still calls themselves like that. [emoji38] They’re currently run in such a sad state compared to the women. It’s so bad that our new kit deal with adidas left the men out completely.