2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

45 minutes ago, OCK said:

England in the final of the World Cup there's like no ENGLAND FEVER in the shops or TV or anything. Sad really. 

Not at fever pitch but shops definitely have stuff out for the lasses, and all the road signs along A19 etc had good luck messages.

Yeah, not England men's team levels I know:thdn:

Ive just left a message on my MPs voicemail berating the lack of big screens in major cities... The support has to start from the top as well. Nothing will probably happen but it does make me angry as a woman to feel less than all the time!!! 

It's disappointing but really happy to see you folk on here supporting them. I think the more men that get excited and involved, the more other men want to. Especially when they realise it's not a threat to the men's game but something that can be enjoyed alongside. 

So cheers all for getting behind the lasses, a credit to the forum. 

TBF here in Sydney no bugger seemed interested until the QF vs France.  That game got lots of interest, though - and the SF was clearly a massive event.

While I can't imagine it getting the same awareness in England at present, I've been critical of the timing of the tournament from the off.  Playing when the mens leagues in Europe have kicked off is unbelievably stupid.

3 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Ive just left a message on my MPs voicemail berating the lack of big screens in major cities... The support has to start from the top as well. Nothing will probably happen but it does make me angry as a woman to feel less than all the time!!! 

It's disappointing but really happy to see you folk on here supporting them. I think the more men that get excited and involved, the more other men want to. Especially when they realise it's not a threat to the men's game but something that can be enjoyed alongside. 

Christ, they're not putting it on big screens?  Disgraceful.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wish the Spanish commentator in the background would fuck off.

Was literally about to say the same thing haha. I also can't stand the language which certainly doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Lish007 said:

Screenshot_20230820-111410.thumb.png.db747433191c9814a4e25ba4cf97ae9e.png