2023 FIFA Women's World Cup: Rubiales banned from all football-related activities for three years

40 minutes ago, Dokko said:

She didn't save it. ;) 

Sorry, but her height cannot be a left off for why she can't save a 30+ yard shot where she's almost on her line and the ball isn't anywhere near the top corner. I reckon any keeper in any of the pro leagues in England saves that. 

She's done a lot right since though, but that wasn't a worldie imho. 

Disagree with most of that, but who cares now ;D

Glad we got the job done. Didn't bother trying to watch at work so relied on flashscore notifications and messaged my friend about the equaliser before his iplayer had even got to it. :lol:

Enjoyed that, fortunately someone in the office I was speaking to on Teams had the radio on so I didn't have to mask a little cheer when the third went in :lol:

Great work from the lasses :aww:

Hemp is brilliant like, glides past players so consistently 

Edited by LiquidAK

Feel for Sam Kerr missing those 2 chances late as you'd have put money on her banging one of them in - but England just have such a brilliantly coached team, ruthless in the counter and an incredible to desire to weather the big occasion and put it away. Go on and win that World Cup now. 

Bit of a moan aside from what was a great performance, but I swear I’m so fucking sick of those around the women’s game referring to teams by their brand name in every bastard utterance. Lionesses, Matildas etc. really fucking grates, probs because I’m a miserable bastard I guess

I guess the main reason will be it not being held in England/UK, but also the kick off times, that it was only 12 months since the last tournament, and also that the men's football season is back, but despite being a greater achievement, it doesn't really feel half as big as what it did heading into the final last year.

4 hours ago, 54 said:

:lol:

Bringing in Wiegman has been a stroke of genius by the FA, she's unbelievable!

USWNT are going to announce their manager is resigning this afternoon, they'll 100% try and and poach her from us!!

Glad they're sacking that dude, the whole team looked completely disjointed this tournament. I think some of that is players feeling entitled, like they would win just by being the US, but they also just looked like they had never played together before and that has to be on the manager.

Also can we stop trying to play Alex Morgan as a lone striker? It's been a decade now and it's always terrible.

30 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Glad they're sacking that dude, the whole team looked completely disjointed this tournament. I think some of that is players feeling entitled, like they would win just by being the US, but they also just looked like they had never played together before and that has to be on the manager.

Also can we stop trying to play Alex Morgan as a lone striker? It's been a decade now and it's always terrible.

The line is that he's resigning, but definitely a case of jumping before he's pushed.

Will be interesting to see who they get! 

I suppose there is an argument that if we win on Sunday, would Serina want another challenge?? Let's hope not, but she'll definitely be in a fantastic position to ask for a renegotiated contract!!

Really looking forward to this, though it's not been as easy to get into as the Euros due to missing so many matches with the kick off times. 

Frantically trying to get all my jobs done before kick off. 

39 minutes ago, OCK said:

England in the final of the World Cup there's like no ENGLAND FEVER in the shops or TV or anything. Sad really. 

That's actually sad to here, the fever we had for the Matilda's here has been unlike any other football event we've had before. Part of that will be home soil, part may be due to the prime minister promising a public holiday if we make the finals, but even still the excitement was immense. I wouldve assumed Spain and England being in the finals wo up level garnered massive attention back in their home countries