Yankuba Minteh

Lyon are very good for bringing young players through and giving them opportunities to play.

If he has anything about him, it will come to fruition at Lyon, provided he continues to grind.

Will be fun watching his progress, as the French league is much easier to follow from the UK.

3 minutes ago, Shak said:

That's an insane amount of money for a player who's such an unknown quantity.

I'll be amazed if it's true like :lol:

Reads as though the firm Everton interest caused a bit of a bidding war.

We probably also gave some really favourable payment terms.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, simonsays said:

Anyone at Lyon that we could be interested in?  I can't see them splashing that much cash I less there is someone moving the other way

We've been linked with Chetki a fair bit, but not sure that has any substance.

There's also a young Irish centre back that was previously at Palace, that had a breakout season there quite randomly, and is being linked with the likes of Dortmund and Juve.

Other than those two, maybe Caqueret in midfield?

Haven't been any very firm links with any of their players really, so don't think anything will happen the other way.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Be amazed if it is true, Lyon don’t have a pot to piss in unless something has dramatically changed.

Aye dont believe it at all. I see we rate him at 40, but 25 seems to be the realistic fee going around.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all smoke and mirrors by management to see if they can coax some truly absurd bid out of Dortmund.... Hard to know with all the PSR rumors and whatnot. Happy to eat crow if he's indeed out to France

Just now, Upthemags said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all smoke and mirrors by management to see if they can coax some truly absurd bid out of Dortmund.... Hard to know with all the PSR rumors and whatnot. Happy to eat crow if he's indeed out to France

I read somewhere that Lyon are in financial difficulty and this purchase  would burst their record buy? 

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Dortmund love buying young players, but they never pay big money for them do they ?