Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Hopefully we end up sending more prospects to Feyenoord - Slot is a really good coach imo.

Still uncomfortable with Feyenoord but otherwise yeah, you're bang on. I don't think it would happen now, but in another dimension Lewis Miley going there next season could've been a smart move. Or Lewis Hall...

Wonder if we're flipping him for a fee already. Given the season he's had I would have thought we'd have taken a look in pre-season before making any decisions on his future, let's see.

I wondered if the rumours about us being in the clarts and needing to raise a bit before the end of Jkune might make us cash in on this lad early - hope its not the case he looks really good 

Buying players like Minteh, loaning them out and eventually getting £15m-£25m for them is what we’re going to have to do to grow, and to avoid having to sell key first team players. It’s what City do. We won’t be able to compete until we have an academy pumping out teams full of players that can bring in millions in profit. 

Edited by Joelinton7

We paid a fairly substantial fee for him. Wasn’t the story at the time of the initial loan that the fee we paid for him would have topped their record signing? Can’t see it being a sale to them. 

13 minutes ago, UpTheToon said:

We paid a fairly substantial fee for him. Wasn’t the story at the time of the initial loan that the fee we paid for him would have topped their record signing? Can’t see it being a sale to them. 

Think we paid £8m ish. 

Their record signing of all time is €8.3m, surely we aren’t selling him to them. We bought him for £8m, we would want at least double that.