Yankuba Minteh

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Do we still hold any interest in Cherki? And could Lyon being actively interested in Minteh help with a deal there?

Seems like the crux of the problem being we need cash in the accounts so I don't see how a player swap helps

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Seems like the crux of the problem being we need cash in the accounts so I don't see how a player swap helps

Would be pure profits in accounts from Minteh sale, and favourable terms to buy Cherki for accounts as part of the deal. 

It looks very much like we are happy with whatever Lyon are proposing, and are trying to push Minteh in that direction.

I reckon this comes to a conclusion super quick.

Something like 20m + a buy back clause of double that, perhaps some incentives for success in there too if he does well in general.

If we have protected against him turning into a superstar, I think a reduced fee is a worthwhile compromise.

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Would be pure profits in accounts from Minteh sale, and favourable terms to buy Cherki for accounts as part of the deal. 

It wouldn't be pure profit, we've likely got 4m or so that we need to clear but the rest would be and presumably its crucial in order to get our transfer window off to a good start.

16 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Be amazed if Lyon, or any of the interested forrin clubs for that matter, can afford the fee we want for him.

Lyon have a fair bit of cash these days.

14 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Be amazed if Lyon, or any of the interested forrin clubs for that matter, can afford the fee we want for him.

The fee is likely reasonable.

50 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Please not Bruno, please not Bruno

We would rather sell Minteh.

We were going to do some FFP workaround with Everton and would've taken DCL as part of it (I assume he's not our number 1 choice but we like him). But Lyon's bid is serious so we can take their offer and sign a striker higher on our list.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The fee is likely reasonable.

We would rather sell Minteh.

We were going to do some FFP workaround with Everton and would've taken DCL as part of it (I assume he's not our number 1 choice but we like him). But Lyon's bid is serious so we can take their offer and sign a striker higher on our list.

Spot on.

Whatever Lyon are offering will be more appealing, even if the initial fee ends up lower.

I think him not going to another PL club will satisfy a few.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

It looks very much like we are happy with whatever Lyon are proposing, and are trying to push Minteh in that direction.

I reckon this comes to a conclusion super quick.

Something like 20m + a buy back clause of double that, perhaps some incentives for success in there too if he does well in general.

If we have protected against him turning into a superstar, I think a reduced fee is a worthwhile compromise.

Lyon’s record transfer is 25m euro?

I Wouldn’t expect them to break their transfer record  on Minteh ?

Hopefully a buy back or large % sell on clause 

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Dreaming of seeing Almiron running around like a headless chicken for another season....

Not really an either/or situation though. Minteh going doesn't mean Almiron is staying. Or if he does that he will be first choice. Been reported repeatedly that RW is a position we are looking at this Summer. 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Not really an either/or situation though. Minteh going doesn't mean Almiron is staying. Or if he does that he will be first choice. Been reported repeatedly that RW is a position we are looking at this Summer. 

IMO its our weakest position. Murphy and Almiron are both back ups at best.

32 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Isnt Lyon the club with the crazy owner talking shit about our club when we were after Lacazette? Might be Montpellier.

Was Montpellier when we were after Cabella I think. Blue haired french version of Ashley that fat cunt

21 minutes ago, OverThere said:

IMO its our weakest position. Murphy and Almiron are both back ups at best.

I'n not disagreeing with that. More that you seem to equate selling Minteh means Almiron staying/starting, I expect us to bring in a RW, and wouldn't be shocked if Almiron does still leave in this window. 

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'n not disagreeing with that. More that you seem to equate selling Minteh means Almiron staying/starting, I expect us to bring in a RW, and wouldn't be shocked if Almiron does still leave in this window. 

I think Miggy will be gone but due to him being away at Copa America made a sale before end of the month hard.

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Can we sell Minteh for $20M then immediately buy him back thus getting around PSR. Buy him back at 25 in installments to make it worth it to another cub.

Edited by OverThere

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Well, as of now, it does look as if Minteh might be leaving, and since there is no interest we know of in Almiron, then he'll be staying.