Yankuba Minteh

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

To be fair, many, myself included, thought calls for another year on loan were ridiculous

Ridiculous seems a bit strong for a reasonable suggestion.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Ridiculous seems a bit strong for a reasonable suggestion.

I don't think its reasonable, lol. He'll be 20 years old next season, absolutely dominated his (admittedly inferior) league, and we have an almost laughably thin collection of reserves at RW. No brainer imo.

7 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Just scored for Gambia add another £15 million to the price [emoji38]

Plus another £150m Liverpool bid tax.

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I don't think its reasonable, lol. He'll be 20 years old next season, absolutely dominated his (admittedly inferior) league, and we have an almost laughably thin collection of reserves at RW. No brainer imo.

He didn't dominate it at all, but he did looked very promising. Another year of regular football for his development is far from unreasonable, especially if we're going big on a right winger.

42 minutes ago, 54 said:

Maybe so, but he still offers an absolute huge amount to the way we play, and our press, and think he is hugely disrespected by the fan base, he's the perfect player to come on to keep the energy up around the 60th minute imo.

Also that purple patch was like 3/4 months of a season, not just a month, and without it we wouldn't have qualified for the Champions League.

Energy that has no end product beside the purple patch, and it is a purple patch cause he has not even been close to replicating it. Might as well let Minteh try then cause he has the same amount of energy and stamina. But seems way more interesting.

58 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Weird one this… if we sell Minteh and keep Almiron then bad business.

If we sell Minteh and Almiron and get a world class right winger in then great business.

Not that I believe the story, but tells you everything that Liverpool are supposedly bidding for Minteh and not Almiron. Obviously age is also going to be a factor, but it does show you which players we really need to get out of the door.

To me, one of the most enjoyable things as a supporter is to see exciting young players who could be anything breaking through and making their name with us. It's not happened often enough for a very long time. It would feel cruel to snatch that away. 

50 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think I've realised my biggest pet hate in football fandom is how easily people discard and talk about players like they're a toy to be thrown away. Personally I become attached to players, especially players like Miggy who has contributed a huge amount over the last few years, especially in the season we got Champions League football, and has always been a solid professional and given his all every time he's put on the shirt, which is the only think I really ask for from any player tbh.

Realistically he needs to move on, but the fact people go "HES FUCKING SHIT, SELL HIM" is wild to me. It's probably just a me thing, but still :lol:

I'm the same, especially when we actually have a squad built around togetherness and character, something that we can be proud of and identify with. It isn't something that should be taken for granted by fans. 

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He didn't dominate it at all, but he did looked very promising. Another year of regular football for his development is far from unreasonable, especially if we're going big on a right winger.

a goal contribution per 90 is domination, imo

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

a goal contribution per 90 is domination, imo

He also looked very raw and unrefined at times. Don't get me wrong, keeping him is a perfectly legitimate suggestion, but so is loaning him out if we feel its best for his development.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He also looked very raw and unrefined at times. Don't get me wrong, keeping him is a perfectly legitimate suggestion, but so is loaning him out if we feel its best for his development.

You don't loan out a player who has been subject to a £40m bid ffs. At the very least he should be the back up RW next season.

Bearing in mind this is all hypothetical at the moment - we will also have to take into account what Minteh makes of all this. Bearing in mind he's basically never been here and Howe's had a hands off relationship with him, you couldn't really blame him for having no real loyalty to us and being highly attracted to Liverpool and continuing with the manager who oversaw his breakout season.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I think I've realised my biggest pet hate in football fandom is how easily people discard and talk about players like they're a toy to be thrown away. Personally I become attached to players, especially players like Miggy who has contributed a huge amount over the last few years, especially in the season we got Champions League football, and has always been a solid professional and given his all every time he's put on the shirt, which is the only think I really ask for from any player tbh.

Realistically he needs to move on, but the fact people go "HES FUCKING SHIT, SELL HIM" is wild to me. It's probably just a me thing, but still :lol:

No, you're right. It's pretty appalling to me too. I don't really rate Almiron and have wanted him to be sold for ages, but all these things - especially with a character like him - should be handled with as much dignity as possible. All the 'get in the sea' type stuff is rank.

Lads, I feel like we should listen to the Dutch poster on Minteh's performance in the Eredivise like :lol:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Minteh has not fucking dominated the Eredivisie man :lol:

Think people need to calm down a little bit. Generation talent, wonderkid etc. 

Edited by nufc123

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

If Liverpool are prepared to pay that kind of money for a 19 year old Minteh, that tells me they see him as a potential replacement for Salah. Would be ridiculous to sell.

Wouldn’t take it as being a slam dunk because Liverpool potentially want him. Slot likely wants a RW as Salah future is unsure with 12 months left on his deal, so just like ETH with Antony, knows him well and sees him as a player. Slot eye for a player in Prem could be shit for all we know, time will tell.

I really like the look of him as a prospect for the future but because of a rumoured £40m interest from Liverpool certain people are acting like he's Mbappe [emoji38]

Just now, Jaqen said:

I really like the look of him as a prospect for the future but because of a rumoured £40m interest from Liverpool certain people are acting like he's Mbappe [emoji38]

Absolutely no one has acted like that. 

If anything shows just how fucked the FFP rules are its this. We identified the kid as a talent, shipped him out to the team that suited him and now some set of cunts like Liverpool or Chelsea will benefit from him.

Because, although our owners could buy and sell the other pricks from the league ten times over we have to sell the lad for 20m to be able to comply with a rule thats in place to hold teams like us back.

Fuck this in its calloused arsehole.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Never worried me generally tbh - that’s the nature of football.  Agree the calling players shit, but buying and selling is part of the game.