Yankuba Minteh

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I’d still personally prefer to get shot off miggy who’s now 30 and only one year left, Wilson and Tripps personally but the problem is getting bids for them and getting them to agree to leave. Tripps and Wilson may be fine but there has been previous reports of miggy refusing to go.

He’s going to piss a fair few people off if he’s passing the opportunity to move on. Seems a great time to go having played his part in the start of our uplift. Waiting out his contract is his right but if we’re held back by FFP because he digs his heels in, then I’m sure I’m not the only one who won’t be so forgiving.

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

Would we sell to a rival? Id be worried that Liverpool rate him and we don't, their recruitment process is near perfect 

Yes as we are handcuffed,This is just a part of what these cartel protectionist rules are all about,Them bastards can pick and choose from other clubs.

A poster on here not long back mentioned Clark would be returning

9 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Would we sell to a rival? Id be worried that Liverpool rate him and we don't, their recruitment process is near perfect 

Is it ? Jury is still out on Nunez at that price, Szoboszlai also.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Very weird how we are crying out for a right winger and we have got one that clubs are fighting for but want to sell him, i agree for the right offer but i really hope we have a proper player lined up for that position.

we would ony want to sell him for a massive fee that would boost our ffp standing.

otherwise we may be reliant on offers for ashby, targett, longstaff, miggy and wilson before we spend big.

its not a great situation but it may be neccessary.

7 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Very weird how we are crying out for a right winger and we have got one that clubs are fighting for but want to sell him, i agree for the right offer but i really hope we have a proper player lined up for that position.

I think the issue is that we need a RW now whereas these clubs are presumably looking at Minteh as a prospect for the future.

10 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It's not that weird. We obviously need to sell before the PSR deadline and while we need a RW, he looks very raw and is untested in a major league.

Obviously I'd rather not sell (fuck PSR) but it seems no one is banging down the door for out other sellable assets.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not that weird. We obviously need to sell before the PSR deadline and while we need a RW, he looks very raw and is untested in a major league.

Obviously I'd rather not sell (fuck PSR) but it seems no one is banging down the door for out other sellable assets.

you'll be posting that a few times in this thread

Edited by huss9

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

He's been brought up at a top flight club in Gambia, moved to a top flight club in Denmark at 18, played a full season in one of the best teams in Holland under the guy who is now manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world and earned his first international start 1.5 years ago.

Unless you mean in general for players of his age, what on earth makes you think he has little tactical education with his experience? :lol: 

What on earth makes me think he has little tactical experience? :lol: 

It’s pretty obvious what I meant. Even Arne Slot himself when talking about Minteh a couple of months back said something along the lines of how quickly he has improved his tactical awareness and decision making when in Gambia where he grew up as a footballer they didn’t really focus on any tactics whatsoever so he hasn’t had the same education as other players of his age coming through in Europe where it’s totally different in this department. So he’s had to learn quite a lot in a short period of time but has done it pretty quickly. 

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

if we get an offer close to £20m for miggy or longstaff this sale may never go through.

but thats unlikey to happen.

Seems the club were banking on selling Miggy in January, but his move to Saudi fell through.

Terrible sale in isolation. Huge backwards step, but so much going on in the background it's hard to know where this deal sits in the grand plan. 

Gutted though. Probably the same feeling Chelsea had with Hall. 

3 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

I hope it’s Roma or another foreign club and we have at least some type of first dibs on a buy back option. Baffling decision otherwise. 

Every single article that says we’re selling him states we don’t want to but need to for PSR, just wondering - what’s baffling you?