Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I’m saying let’s sell Bruno and Isak ffs. Im also not saying the club are sitting doing nothing (although we really haven’t maximised sponsorship imo, not even close). But if we do fail to meet the PSR deadline it’s due to the a failure of the club.

Where did I say you said we should sell Bruno or Isak?

I'm stating the reality of what we're facing.

No doubt these rumblings emboldened Chelsea's cheeky enquiry for Isak.

4 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'd expect them to have a nuclear option of Miggy and/or Wilson to Saudi for just enough money as a fallback option of avoiding a points deduction.

fwiw, some reports have claimed Jordan Henderson didn't actually receive any of that huge salary he was offered in Saudi. He deferred it for tax, and then left before he started receiving it. Football in Saudi is like some Twilight Zone way beyond my comprehension.

Saudi transfer window doesn’t open until 17th July

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well I'm sure this will make all the Minteh fans happy. If true we could be screwed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28762617/newcastle-transfer-refuses-yankuba-minteh-lyon/

you love a dig at people that hold a different view to you :lol: counted a few already to do. It’s almost like you consider it an afont to you that people don’t agree with you. Bizzare behaviour 

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Where did I blame Minteh?

The supposition the club have been sat around doing nothing is silly.

What they have been doing, and quite rightly so, is trying to ensure we kept our best players. 

How on Earth they're supposed to anticipate Minteh turning down Lyon to go to Dyche's Everton, I will never know.

But no problem. If push comes to shove Isak or Bruno will go to a Prem rival. Just perfect.

[emoji38]

bruno and Isak aren’t going anywhere and especially not because Minteh turned down Lyon. 

Just now, gdm said:

you love a dig at people that hold a different view to you :lol: counted a few already to do. It’s almost like you consider it an afont to you that people don’t agree with you. Bizzare behaviour 

It's a football forum with cheeky digs back and forth all the time.

You only say this when you see a dig that goes against something you said.

Stop it.

2 minutes ago, Maggies said:

Saudi transfer window doesn’t open until 17th July

Ferk. That's that plan screwed then. 

Was that interest in Olise genuine? Very weird to be talking of near-record signings if you are days off being forced into a fire sale.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Where did I blame Minteh?

The supposition the club have been sat around doing nothing is silly.

What they have been doing, and quite rightly so, is trying to ensure we kept our best players. 

How on Earth they're supposed to anticipate Minteh turning down Lyon to go to Dyche's Everton, I will never know.

But no problem. If push comes to shove Isak or Bruno will go to a Prem rival. Just perfect.

Waiting until the 11th hour to meet your PSR obligations is on the club... That's not to say PSR is a fair construct. But we had the opportunity to turn a profit in January and get major wages off the books, with Trips happy to move to Bayern, and we turned it down.

Is it fair to be asking a teen eager to carve out a career to go play in a farmer's league where he'll be lost in a sea of mediocrity? I don't think so personally.

I'm with Minteh on this if it's true of course. The club have had months to come up with some dodgy sponsorship's or sell someone else. Who you ask? How about the one who signed for us knowing he was going to get banned. Someone in Italy would pay 30m or so for the idiot. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's a football forum with cheeky digs back and forth all the time.

You only say this when you see a dig that goes against something you said.

Stop it.

No I say it coz I’ve saw 3 examples of it today alone. It comes across that you perceive your opinion to be superior to everyone else. It’s all a bit pompous :lol:

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

No I say it coz I’ve saw 3 examples of it today alone. It comes across that you perceive your opinion to be superior to everyone else. It’s all a bit pompous :lol:

Hey pal, stop whining! :razz:

6 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Ferk. That's that plan screwed then. 

Was that interest in Olise genuine? Very weird to be talking of near-record signings if you are days off being forced into a fire sale.

The Olise transfer, if it happened, would have been pushed into next years accounts or done right at the end of this month whereby only a small amount of the transfer would have fallen into this year. We will still be able to make transfers after 1st July, the sale is just to ensure we haven't breached PSR in this current year. All starts again next week and you would assume we would have at least £50m to spend before player sales (hopefully more!). 

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Waiting until the 11th hour to meet your PSR obligations is on the club... That's not to say PSR is a fair construct. But we had the opportunity to turn a profit in January and get major wages off the books, with Trips happy to move to Bayern, and we turned it down.

Is it fair to be asking a teen eager to carve out a career to go play in a farmer's league where he'll be lost in a sea of mediocrity? I don't think so personally.

Yeah, only some of the best young players have come through at Lyon.

But you know, never mind that. It's a farmers league after all.

16 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Absolute failure of the football ops at the club if we don’t meet PSR requirements before the deadline like

Starting to look silly

Not particularly.

Several clubs have shifted players this week.

We allegedly agreed a fee for Miggy in January, he declined the move.

Minteh wanted to move to Everton, but we got a better offer from Lyon. It would have been daft not to explore it before taking the lesser offer.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Not particularly.

Several clubs have shifted players this week.

We allegedly agreed a fee for Miggy in January, he declined the move.

Minteh wanted to move to Everton, but we got a better offer from Lyon. It would have been daft not to explore it before taking the lesser offer.

The Lyon better offer thing is just a rumour isn’t it ? Pretty sure they have had financial problems for a while now.