Yankuba Minteh

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

We aren’t going to accept a lower offer from Everton and they have just confirmed Ndiaye from Marseille today too, so they’ve moved on to alternative targets within their price range. Has Luke's massive torrent of bollocks last week not taught anybody anything about media reports at this time of year?

What was the massive torrent of bollocks ?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Lyon better offer thing is just a rumour isn’t it ? Pretty sure they have had financial problems for a while now.

I think it's been reported they made a better offer than Everton, but I doubt it was the rumoured £40 million.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What was the massive torrent of bollocks ?

Look back a few pages on this thread. You know what I’m off to do something else, I’m giving up trying to be rational on here.

Believe the sky is falling if it makes you feel better. Personally, I think those within the club have a better handle on our situation than a load of journo's who have gotten very little right after the initial months post takeover.

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Look back a few pages on this thread. You know what I’m off to do something else, I’m giving up trying to be rational on here.

Believe the sky is falling if it makes you feel better. Personally, I think those within the club have a better handle on our situation than a load of journo's who have gotten very little right after the initial months post takeover.

What you on about ? I have no idea what Edwards said because I don’t tend to read his articles so thought I would ask. 

9 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Relax man. It's all worth discussing.

All part of the fun and back and forth.

Just now, gdm said:

Says you who’s whining coz minteh turned down Lyon :lol: im delighted he turned them down 

I never had an issue with him turning them down :lol:

I said we'd be screwed if so and the guys that want him to stay would be happy.

You got to read posts carefully man.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Seems we'd happily sell Minteh to meet the FFP deadline, but would prefer taking the hit on a points deduction if the alternative was having to sell a "purple" to meet it. Rightly so, too.

I’d argue we shouldn’t have gotten into a position where points deduction is a possibility tbh (of course it may not be, just what the media are suggesting).

32 minutes ago, Menace said:

Giving them Minteh for what we paid for Bruno is insane business whichever way you look at it

Yes it's great business no doubt if we look at the spreadsheets. On the pitch that still leaves us with Almiron or Murphy on the RW, and one less exciting prospect who could have kicked them further down the ladder.

Obviously I get that we would then hopefully use that money to buy someone better, but until we have someone who looks like coming in, can only go with what we've got.

36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I never had an issue with him turning them down :lol:

I said we'd be screwed if so and the guys that want him to stay would be happy.

You got to read posts carefully man.

I’m delighted if he’s staying 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Time is ticking tbf.

We should sell infrastructure.

The precedent has been set by Chelsea and the PL ruled that they couldn’t do anything about it, so that loophole is still open.

That the club haven’t used it raises more questions as it would solve any budget issues for the whole summer.

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think I'll trust the ownership team on what they think is the best way forward tbf. 

This is the coolest I have felt about a summer transfer window for years, I have total faith in who they bring in and let go.

I'm narked about Asworth and not qualifying for Europe, but I have total faith in the professional team running us these days.

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The precedent has been set by Chelsea and the PL ruled that they couldn’t do anything about it, so that loophole is still open.

That the club haven’t used it raises more questions as it would solve any budget issues for the whole summer.

I'm amazed it hasn't been caught by the "bad faith" clause.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I've been criticised for saying it. But I don't think PIF have that "success by any means" mindset. If that means several seasons at 5-7th so be it.

We'll support others in rule changes to our favour. But we won't lead the charge the way Man City do. We look to exploit loopholes the way Chelsea do. 

If it happens, we'll take the points deduction on the chin. I reckon we get the Everton deal done with DCL if Minteh insists on going there though.

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I've been criticised for saying it. But I don't think PIF have that "success by any means" mindset. If that means several seasons at 5-7th so be it.

We'll support others in rule changes to our favour. But we won't lead the charge the way Man City do. We look to exploit loopholes the way Chelsea do. 

If it happens, we'll take the points deduction on the chin. I reckon we get the Everton deal done with DCL if Minteh insists on going there though.

I’d much rather stick with a semi crocked Wilson and a mostly available Isak but have Minteh doing more leg work for them.

DCL just seems like a massive Chris Wood shaped backward step, whether or not he’s a better player, it’s been 3/4 years since he showed that form. Wood has at least been consistent in his averageness.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

If we do sell Minteh, I wonder if we'll add in a first refusal clause on a future sale or percentage of next sale.

If it’s 25m then there’ll be a sell on clause.

40m, then that’s a difficult conversation to have.