Emre

Guest Gosport Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest elpapi

well he can't praise the little guy for getting injured all the time, can he? would be a great player in our formation, feeded the front three with through balls and probably better corners than geremi... anyway, if you're never fit... hopefully a full preseason can get him on the right track

I'm 50/50 split.

A fit and in form Emre in our side is a HUGE assest especially in this formation. I remember an inter fan coming on here telling us that he was a 433 man when he joined and that he would not be used to playing in a 442. As well as this he said he always missed alot of games due to niggly injuries.

Can you remember his first game against Arsenal away under Sourness? We played 451 that game, with essentially a 3 man midfield. He played a blinder and for me he is certainly the most gifted technically in the squad.

But the bugger is just never fit and there's always murmers of a move back to Turkey. I have to say it all depends on the fee. If fener want to pay 5m to bring their hero back to Turkey then we should look to offload. However, if teams are sniffing around to pick him up for 2 or 3m then it's simply not worth it IMO. For the talent he has and the potential (ability wise) to be a good player for us i'd keep a hold of him, he's the type of squad player that i like.

I'm 50/50 split.

A fit and in form Emre in our side is a HUGE assest especially in this formation. I remember an inter fan coming on here telling us that he was a 433 man when he joined and that he would not be used to playing in a 442. As well as this he said he always missed alot of games due to niggly injuries.

Can you remember his first game against Arsenal away under Sourness? We played 451 that game, with essentially a 3 man midfield. He played a blinder and for me he is certainly the most gifted technically in the squad.

But the bugger is just never fit and there's always murmers of a move back to Turkey. I have to say it all depends on the fee. If fener want to pay 5m to bring their hero back to Turkey then we should look to offload. However, if teams are sniffing around to pick him up for 2 or 3m then it's simply not worth it IMO. For the talent he has and the potential (ability wise) to be a good player for us i'd keep a hold of him, he's the type of squad player that i like.

agree with all of that although £3m i'd still be tempted but then are we going to get anyone better in for that price as he will need replacing? With his injury record though is anyone going to be prepared to pay that sort of £££ for him.

I'm 50/50 split.

agree with all of that although £3m i'd still be tempted but then are we going to get anyone better in for that price as he will need replacing? With his injury record though is anyone going to be prepared to pay that sort of £££ for him.

3m is barely enough for agents fees these days. 5m could push through a deal for a top quality player and we almost couldn't turn that down for an injury prone player but 3m, no thanks.

From what i'm lead to believe the turks revear him highley and have a reputation for paying for big name players such as Roberto Carlos, Appaih(sp) Anelka, Kezman and Kleberson etc.

Emre will return to Turkey we all know that but when, where and how much is all to be decided. I actually think he will try and push through a move to his home land.

On another note if we got rid of him for 3 and replaced him directly with Barnes, that would be a neat bit of buisness.

Joe Ledley of Cardiff could be a decent shout to replace him n all. Perhaps a double swoop for him & Ramsey who we were linked with today. Probably take at least £7m for both though although Cardiff do need the money.

EDIT: According to Ramsey's wikipedia he turned us down at schoolboy level to join Cardiff.

Guest emre5

you guys haven't obviously been following Appiah coz he's been injured before this season even started and really hasn't featured much for fener since wc06 yes 2006.  If Emre is FIT enough to make the squad for euro08 I'm sure he'll attract a bit of intrest.  Me thinks he'll go back to galatasaray not to the rivals fener.

Sale to Fenerbace sounds good if we get the right money for him...

Free?

why free? his contract is running out in 2010

I was taking the piss a bit but I don't really rate him and he is basically getting paid a lot for doing nothing.

Guest AceDeuce

believe me, he aint coming back to turkey.

he mentions it everytime when asked for it.

he is trying to get more of his friends to europe and he is not thinking of returning to turkey until his career ends.

could be england could be germany could be italy but it wont be turkey.

believe me, he aint coming back to turkey.

he mentions it everytime when asked for it.

he is trying to get more of his friends to europe and he is not thinking of returning to turkey until his career ends.

could be england could be germany could be italy but it wont be turkey.

Career?

Guest Petay

A fit Emre is like rocking horse shit so I'm inclined to say get rid, but I remembr him and how he played agaist Villa three seasons ago (counting this one) and he was fantastic he never lost the ball always played a creative pass and helped us win a game when we were a man down.  As a result I'd still keep him, but I'm wrong and I know it.