Emre

Guest Gosport Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It really is criminal though. Got so much of the ability we could really use in our team. ould have saved us a hell of a lot of money this summer.

You just have to wonder if he is excited about what he has seen going on around him lately and whether he will make more of an effort to get back into the team and sort out his fitness.

I'm always hoping Emre would come good again, I've seen some great football from him, so believe he can do it.

If Emre was going to play in the new formation it would have to be in Owen's role, i.e. link man between the midfield and forwards. Both Barton and Geremi have been doing some sterling work defensively in that midfield which has allowed us to field 3 forwards. I don't think Emre has the capability or the drive to do that amount of work. He's a player I like for his technique, but his long spells on the treatment bench make him a liability.

Another of our better players who i actually wouldn't mind leaving. He's never going to fulfil his potential here. If he was going to, he'd have done it by now. I like the guy but it'll never change with Emre. If we get a good offer for him i'd definitely take it; ship someone better and fitter in.

He's flattered to deceive from walking through the door on his first day if I'm being (brutally) honest. :(

Not saying he's a poor player, or he hasn't got a bit of ability but he's seldom shown it. Never taken to the bloke or understood the hype about him. He'll be easily replaced when he's eventually shown the door. 

Guest teepee

i don't think he'll ever be a great player for us.

BUT this new formation probably would suit him very well.

Guest Darth Toon

If Emre was going to play in the new formation it would have to be in Owen's role, i.e. link man between the midfield and forwards. Both Barton and Geremi have been doing some sterling work defensively in that midfield which has allowed us to field 3 forwards. I don't think Emre has the capability or the drive to do that amount of work. He's a player I like for his technique, but his long spells on the treatment bench make him a liability.

I would agree with that - he's the logical cover option for that role, and probably worth keeping on that basis, given Owen's injury record.

Guest teepee

I would agree with that - he's the logical cover option for that role, and probably worth keeping on that basis, given Owen's injury record.

it is very important that the player in "owens" position is a threat breaking into the box - and emre is not good enough at that. he would be decent backup though, and i personlly think he could play in the three man midfield.

so i wouldnt mind keeping him, but if a decent offer comes in we should sell...

I read somewhere recently about that Boro player Tuncay who said he had found the premiership very difficult since he came because where he had been before, the league was very much 'one hard game' then 'one easy game' whereas the premiership is hard every week and it summed up what I think about Emre - comes on for one game, plays a 40 min cameo where he looks full of energy, full of enthusiasm and then next week he is either injured or just plain cr*p!  You never get a sustained run of good performances from him and I'm sure that was something he was accused of at Inter as well (just guessing on this part so don't shoot me if the stats prove otherwise).