Sandro Tonali: charged by FA after alleged betting breaches / unlikely to serve additional ban (Hope)

The Prophet

Okey, what? :lol: 

Keeps betting while banned for betting. Guess he really is addicted then.

Gonna get a new ban 100%. Should just probably quit football.

So was betting while he was getting investigated and being questioned by the police etc? [emoji38] 

Edit: looks like not actually, was sent home from the Italy camp on Oct 12. 

Edited by TheHoob

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I would sell him as soon as any ban is up. 

Why? He made a mistake that he is already being punished for and seemingly hasn't gambled since. This changes nothing, him moving countries wasn't going to mean he randomly stopped being addicted to gambling. 

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

He wasn't betting after the ban, he bet when he came over here but before he was charged by the Italian FA.

Common sense would say issue the ban to run concurrently with the Italian FA ban as punishment already served.

I think people need to read the charge properly, his charge is for 2 weeks prior to him getting his ban. Obviously its not great, but a 10 month punishment was already harsh. Toney got less for almost 300 charges..

5 minutes ago, Kasper said:

No this is before he was banned.

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

That's not what this is at all? This is a charge for bets made since he joined us but before the ban from the Italian FA. There's no indication either way if he's continued to bet after that.

As others have said, any additional ban and not "time served" is ridiculous, so it's probably exactly what our shit FA will do.

It’s simply a witch hunt at this point and I am bemused it has taken the best part of 6 months for our FA to release this statement. Though in fairness I am sure the ban will be concurrent.

like Paul Merson has highlighted, Sandro is mentally ill and needs support, not to be chastised for misdemeanours before he was initially charged.

i await the FA statement banning all gambling adverts at Professional Football Stadiums and sponsoring TV coverage, which if they are serious about this issue they need to knock on the head.

Lads got a serious gambling addiction. Crazy you can get a longer ban for gambling than testing positive for cocaine. 

If anything this adds weight to the claim that he was addicted.

If he’d rocked up here and just completely stopped, it would look far more iffy than the fact he continued until it all came out.

Looking back at the timetable, it seems that this all became public after 12 October, so it's not as if he was daft enough to bet on football after all of this emerged. 

This is a continuation of his previous infractions and I would hope common sense would prevail and his lengthy ban would suffice as punishment, but knowing the FA, I doubt it.

I was quite vocal in defending him and thinking he'll come back from this fired up to pay us back for the support - nothing has changed there for me. If it comes out he's continued to bet after the investigation then that will be massively disappointing, but there's no evidence that that's happened so as far as I'm concerned he still should get the full backing of the fans. Nothing has changed since he was clapped off in his last match.

3 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Why? He made a mistake that he is already being punished for and seemingly hasn't gambled since. This changes nothing, him moving countries wasn't going to mean he randomly stopped being addicted to gambling. 

Mistake my arse he was getting other players involved also.