Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I think it's very difficult to get players of Brunos level for €40 mill these days. If we keep looking for those kind of signings, it may just be nothing until the end of the window, and then we have to panic if we want key players. I still can't believe how good our first window was.. We hit the jackpot that january. Can't repeat it every window.

It'll be interesting as premier league aside the other leagues can't compete financially. Serie A is knackered, even Barcelona and Real are struggling ( they'll keep spending though somehow). Bundesliga has always struggled to match wages and it'll get worse for them with their ownership models.

Just now, Erikse said:

I think it's very difficult to get players of Brunos level for €40 mill these days. If we keep looking for those kind of signings, it may just be nothing until the end of the window, and then we have to panic if we want key players. I still can't believe how good our first window was.. We hit the jackpot that january. Can't repeat it every window.

As each window goes on I struggle more and more to understand how we got Bruno for that price. Staggering business that accelerated our rise more than anything else.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Could be wrong but doesn't Schar speak like 6 languages? Hopefully Italian is one of them.

Yeah there's a chance he does, but I'm not sure 100%

In the school system of the German speaking cantons you will learn written Standard German (the native spoken language is Swiss German dialect), English and one other national language (so French or Italian).

My ex was fluent in German and English with very high proficiency in French. However only spoke very minimal Italian phrases (not really much more than I know).

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

According to multiple places his current salary is £4m/year (gross, btw) or £77k/wk. Putting him on something like £150k/week with some bonuses seems about right. Reports that are significantly higher than that are almost certainly wrong.

£4m per year isn’t £77k/wk

14 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We signed Bruno for an absolute steal and that kind of deal is not happening again any time soon. I respect Sewelly's knowledge of the Italian game immensely but disagree wholeheartedly that we're overpaying for someone of his age, potential and quality. I think its pretty fair considering his age. 

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

As each window goes on I struggle more and more to understand how we got Bruno for that price. Staggering business that accelerated our rise more than anything else.

Especially considering that Paqueta went for €70m in the summer.. It's even more crazy to think that we were in the relegation zone and that everyone expected us to overpay for players.. I knew it seemed like a fantastic signing at the time, but like you, I realise more and more with time just how special it was. Brighton does it sometimes, but other than that, it's a rare case.

Botman was also an amazing deal, but still not as crazy as the Bruno one.

Edited by Erikse