Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Speaking to an Italian mate in London last night (well his parents are Italian). He supports Napoli but he was raving about him. Proper leader type character who will battle but also has more to his game than that. Was saying perfect foil to Bruno as others have already said and stick Joelinton in there as well and that’s a midfield that can truly dominate other teams. Sounded good to me really ?

Interesting article about him on the Athletic - apparently we don't see him as the one to allow Bruno to push forward, he's been brought in to play left or right #8 (the Willock/Longstaff role).

Don't know what this means for potential moves for Maddison etc

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Interesting article about him on the Athletic - apparently we don't see him as the one to allow Bruno to push forward, he's been brought in to play left or right #8 (the Willock/Longstaff role).

Don't know what this means for potential moves for Maddison etc

I think it’ll be quite fluid, he can play 6 or 8 like Bruno. May change depending on who we play and ofcourse injuries. I think if we can get that Dominic lad we might swerve Maddison but I’m happy with either really. We Definitely need someone to open teams up at home though and turn draws into wins.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Yeah was reading that also. Makes sense really, if there was one area that was ripe for improvement last season it was capitalising on getting into good positions around the box. Longstaff being particularly guilty. Tonali should be a big upgrade in quality while also helping us maintain a physical edge in midfield.

30 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They mentioned we were still after a 6 too. 

Hard to know what’s true at this point :lol:

Not anything being said in the papers, that’s been made pretty clear. 

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, cubaricho said:

Not anything being said in the papers, that’s been clear. 

Aye, so much conflicting information and numbers not adding up. 

If we were to sign another 8, I can’t help but think we might have one too many. 

18 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

His name is an anagram of 'Snail Tornado', which is most important. Sounds like one of those once-fashionable London strip clubs. 

What the one known for exceptionally slow tease, followed by whirlwind climax and slimy snail trails all over the dance floor? That one, Elbee? That one? 

It’s reasonable to assume that we’ve sold the project to Tonali. It must also be reasonable to assume that part of this included other targeted players for this window.

If we can get in a LB, CB and another MF option we’re going to be cooking. 

Going to be some sad goodbyes along the way together with a give away for a few others. Got to try and avoid loaning deadwood out, just get them off the books.