Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

17 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I think he prefers to play in the middle of the pitch but he’s pushed over onto the right and Bruno’s the main man in the middle.

Don't think I've actually seen him play in the middle for us, he always seems to be drifting out wide more. I assumed that was just his natural game.

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

I think the best for both him and Bruno would be to have an option in front of them. An attacking midfielder that isn’t too far away ahead of them. A player they can play one two’s with at times. This would also not force Isak coming way too deep as he often does. We need more playing depth in the centre. 

Bingo.

A creative midfielder in front.

or a defensive midfielder behind. 

Would love to see us do the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 at some point

Bruno / Tonali as the double pivot

Gordon, Willock, Barnes (or could be Almiron, Gordon, Joelinton in those positions)

Isak

A 4-1-3-2

Bruno

Tonali Willock Joelinton

Gordon

Isak

We don't have that many great options to be honest, we have a lopsided squad, genuine world class or top class talent in Bruno, Isak, Tonali, Botman, Trippier, Gordon, then a decent smattering of PL talent, Joelinton, Willock, WIlson, Schar, Barnes, Pope. 

Everyone beyond that are either a dependable veteran (e.g. Burn), promising youngster (Hall, Tino) or absolutely bang average (Longstaff, Kelly, Targett, Murphy)

Looking at a Chelsea or a Villa, our main rivals - their squads seem more spread out for talent. Villa don't have anyone at Isak or Bruno level, but its more spread out across the squad. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not surprising when we're still recovering from 15 years of neglect though, is it? 

And we've made incredible strides very quickly. If we spend well next summer and give reasons for existing top players to stay, then we easily will keep improving.