Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

11 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, but not sure if it was as good as Tonalis debut.

sissoko only got an assist on his debut didn’t he at Villa. Can’t remember him being anything special. Unless you’re confusing his debut with that Chelsea performance?

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

When was the last time a Newcastle player had a debut as good as this one? Moussa Sissoko?

Daveed.

Sissoko's was class, I was in the Leazes/East Stand corner when he rinsed Ashley Cole, but I never thought he was a superstar like I did with Ginola and dare I say it Tonali.

Have to admit that I was very excited by Jonas, but the Keegan factor does that to you. I watched that man turn water into wine so many times.

Edited by Kid Icarus

19 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

There’s the right amount of syllables in cubarichos isn’t there?

Don't think so?

"gan radge" has two syllables and is replacing the phrase "feel the heat" from the song, which has three.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If you tot them together the Ben Arfa & Tiote double whammy vs Everton. was areet like.

Can't believe I forgot this tbh. 

Tiote with 100% pass completion which tickled my stat ganglion. And Ben Arfa just outright tickling my bell end.

Edited by Kid Icarus

14 minutes ago, Big River said:

Dubravka had a pretty class debut against Man Utd didn't he?

wor Sandro was absolutely sensational yesterday. was surprised to see Eddie putting him straight in, but once again, a managerial masterstroke.

yes dubs pulling a Man U cross out of the air confidently was class

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

When was the last time a Newcastle player had a debut as good as this one? Moussa Sissoko?

Micky Quinn in 89.  Another debutant, John Gallacher scored the other.  

Yesterday and Wilson and Hendrick v West Ham are the only times I can recall  two debutants scoring on their debut.

Can't believe how good our business has been since the takeover like. We've had no absolute nightmare flops and in players like Bruno, Tonali and Isak, in-spite of them hardly being cheap, it feels like we've got some absolute bargains when you look at the rest of the market (eg that lad Man U have just singed up top & the Caicedo fee). Cannot believe we were able to sign them all completely uncontested too.

14 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Can't believe how good our business has been since the takeover like. We've had no absolute nightmare flops and in players like Bruno, Tonali and Isak, in-spite of them hardly being cheap, it feels like we've got some absolute bargains when you look at the rest of the market (eg that lad Man U have just singed up top & the Caicedo fee). Cannot believe we were able to sign them all completely uncontested too.

I think that Chris Wood miss vs Sheff Wed has led you to erasing him from your memory.

:lol: Aye, Wood wasn’t a ‘nightmare flop’ by any measure. A stop-gap signing borne out of necessity who was ever present in a run that saw us go from dead and buried to a whisker away from top half. And we recouped 60% of his fee.