Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

4 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Looks more and more likely they did. And more worryingly was that they made Ashworth and Howe aware but both wanted to press on with the deal regardless. 

I've heard that Ashworth and Howe made bets on him signing for Newcastle

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I've heard that Ashworth and Howe made bets on him signing for Newcastle

Trippier WhatsApp’d his mates that he was signing.

Explains why he was there to greet him when he arrived.

Edited by SteV

16 minutes ago, Scoot said:

What was this update?

I'll try and dig it out, but it was basically confirmation Tonali has been interviewed by Italian police for for using an illegal betting platform, but there wasn't much of substance beyond that.

So what's the latest rumour - that he's been colluding with betting rings on matches he's been involved with? Fucks sake really could do without this distraction when squad harmony has been so good. If he ends up suspended for a year or more, surely there'll be a contract clause where we don't have to pay him?

I honestly wouldn't stress about the updates in the Italian media. The Botman and Tonali transfers have taught us they're not beyond outright lying.

That's not to say everything being printing is bollocks, but it's impossible to sift through what's true and what isn't at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Why would it be a distraction to the other players?

Hopefully it shouldn't be, but as a group they are probably going to be talking about little else when they get back after the break.

Like if somebody at work shags the boss's wife - people gossip and talk about it, rather than focusing.

Human nature.

Hopefully it won't be an issue though.

In terms of Eddie - It will get brought up in press conferences - he's pretty good at flat batting things, but it'll no doubt piss him off.

Just now, Bally21 said:

Hopefully it shouldn't be, but as a group they are probably going to be talking about little else when they get back after the break.

Like if somebody at work shags the boss's wife - people gossip and talk about it, rather than focusing.

Human nature.

Hopefully it won't be an issue though.

In terms of Eddie - It will get brought up in press conferences - he's pretty good at flat batting things, but it'll no doubt piss him off.

Fair, no doubt there will be gossip. You'd think it'll be addressed pretty early with him training with the group.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Fair, no doubt there will be gossip. You'd think it'll be addressed pretty early with him training with the group.

Aye good point. As you said earlier - it might not be as bad as some of the media are portraying. Fingers crossed.

It's pretty much confirmed at this point that he bet on football. It's not looking good at all tbh.

Always seemed a weird signing from the outset for a host of reasons. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Milan had some knowledge of this.