NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Barnes would work very well with Isak. Whenever he played with Iheanacho (a forward who always wants to come short and wants the ball to feet) they combined very well and he was very dangerous. Barnes is not really a winger, though. He is not good at beating his man, his crosses are poor; actually his general game intelligence is quite bad. He struggles when he has to perform in that way. However, as a direct player and goal threat from outwide, there are not many better options. Good player if used correctly.

7 hours ago, Tina Tooner said:

Have serious reservations about Chiesa after his ACL injury. Hasnt been the same but if it was a loan with an option to buy i cant see any reason why we wouldn't. 

Agreed. He essentially has done nothing since the Euros. Good talent, but big risk.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, cranna said:

Why is EH signing another right footed left winger? Unless Saint-Maximin is leaving, getting Barnes doesn't make much sense.

Chiesa is also a right footed player. For me it has to be Diaby or someone like Nicolas Gonzalez from Fiorentina, both left footed.

I’ll stick with how Eddie wants to do it. Got a sneaky feeling he kind of knows what he is doing. 

Just now, reefatoon said:

I’ll stick with how Eddie wants to do it. Got a sneaky feeling he kind of knows what he is doing. 

You're fuckin' crackers you pal.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Chiesa's predominantly played on the right throughout his career.

Not sure how reliable they are but his transfermarkt profile is interesting.

Seems he's played more on the left since joining Juventus. However, he's been more productive from the right on the few occasions he's played there. More goals from the right in less than half the appearances there.

IMG_20230707_192139.thumb.jpg.22d81ba5188bfee7e8ff7c196a16d24b.jpg

Going back to his time at Fiorentina, that was where he played mostly.

IMG_20230707_192153.thumb.jpg.d57d6149a5acd93b9f9251ae4201d252.jpg

Again, far more productive from the right side.

Christ, the thought of him and Trippier linking up is mega :lol:

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Don’t think Barnes will be coming it doesn’t seem elite unless we’re looking for Targett and Burn level for LW. But wouldn’t make sense. 

Don't know, 13 goals from LW for a side that got relegated definitely seems a little elite than he is getting credit for.

Guest reefatoon

Players like Chiesa and Barnes will work on either wing. Just the kind of signings we need.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Barnes will be a cracking signing personally 

Agree. Just need to look at how many games Murphy, Almiron, Fraser and ASM played. The lad would be an upgrade and a cracking addition to the squad and would get plenty of playing time.

Edited by reefatoon

Barnes always seems to be scoring or assisting whenever I watch him. He will play exactly how Howe will want to play and will effectively gives us depth on the left, in the middle (because it frees up Joelinton) and then on the right if required.

He's a really good player. He's just not an exciting player. 

Barnes is perfect for the way we play, and the setup Howe wants. 

As much as I love ASM, if we were to sell him for the same price as we buy Barnes, it would make a lot of sense.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Rich said:

If Barnes joins, and the interest in Chiesa is legitimate, would people trade Maxi out for him?

I would. Even when ASM is fit he has mainly been a sub, where I think those two players would start.

Edited by reefatoon

Not sure that it can be argued that Barnes is a bad signing, but he has some real limitations to his game. Very much suits counter-attacking football, I don't see him providing the extra bit of craft that we were lacking against low blocks. 

Depth:

RW: Miggy, Murphy, Gordon

RCM: Longstaff, Tonali, Anderson

DM: Bruno, Tonali

LCM: Willock, Joelinton

LW: Maxi, Barnes, Joelinton Gordon, Isak

It's better. Still feel that RW spot is plaguing us somewhat.

Edited by STM