NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

Chiesa has been a favourite of mine for years. In addition to everything else I love how quickly he gets in a position to shoot in and around the box.

I just love how he when he hits the ball it seems to lift, swerve then dip into the near/far corner like it's equipped with some sort of homing missile technology. It should be part of the Star Trek franchise.

Federico Chiesa is waiting for updates from the football transfer market, aware that significant developments could soon emerge from the Premier League. His agents' trips to England, officially tied to the Pulisic deal, have also been used to scout foreign markets, particularly considering interest from Chelsea, Newcastle, and Liverpool. Sandro Tonali's recently ambitious team, buoyed by qualification for the next Champions League, is contemplating an all-Italian double with Chiesa's addition. The relationship with agent Ramadani is excellent and this could be a foundation for an appealing deal from the English side.

There are plans for more direct enquiries and new exploratory discussions in the coming days to check the feasibility of a potential negotiation. For now, there seems to be no rush from the involved parties to find an immediate solution.

Chiesa's current status is balanced between staying and leaving Turin for an overseas club. The new director, Cristiano Giuntoli, would prefer to retain him, or at least sell him for an unmissable offer of around €60 million. However, the value of the winger has dropped considerably after his serious injury, currently hovering around €40 million. This presents a twofold issue involving both the field and the transfer market, particularly stemming from his lack of rapport with Massimiliano Allegri.

Chiesa's less-than-ideal relationship with Juventus' coach has been a notable concern, with the player often appearing restless on the pitch. The former Fiorentina winger struggled with a formation that didn't suit his style, repeatedly hinting that he feels valued only in a three-man attack. Allegri, for his part, disapproved of the 1997-born player's on-field behaviour, especially his tendency to overdo dribbling and lose the ball in key areas of the field.

Regarding the transfer issue, it's important to note Chiesa's contract expiration in 2025. In other words, without a transfer, Juventus might find themselves with an unhappy player nearing the end of his agreement. This could prove difficult to manage. There seems to be no viable Italian solutions. If Chiesa decides to leave Juventus, he would request a higher salary than his current €5 million per season, which would be a significant hurdle for Italian clubs to overcome.

If he’s the player from the Euro’s then obviously a no brainer. Just ain’t seen him play in years. I do think it be great to have another Italian on board to help him and Tonali settle in. Think Bruno and Joelinton have both benefited from a similar scenario.

Let me cut to the chase. We are not getting Chiesa. Or Lindstrøm. Or Diaby. Or Harvey Barnes. Or Kudus.

In seriousness, personally do have slight reservations about Chiesa given that ACL and subsequent form after, mind. As much as I'd be chuffed if he signed here.

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Pretty sure the 97 injury was snapped ankle ligaments too, for what it’s worth

Yeah got his ankle stuck on the turf at Goodson 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not after his ‘92 injury, but his cruciate injury in ‘97 completely changed him as a player.  He was never world class again after that

Excuse me sir, but he damn well was world class still for a good while after that.

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yeah got his ankle stuck on the turf at Goodson 

Yep, I was there watching it. We’d only just sold Ferdinand too :facepalm:

Shearer did his ACL at 23 and then his ankle at 27. Nowadays treatment has come a long way with quicker return to action and generally potential for better recovery too. People seem to think Kane can be compared on the basis he could still overtake the record, but there's no chance he would have with those injuries. Or to invert the point, Shearer would have been out of reach without those injuries. If you could choose either at their prime, there's absolutely no one picking Kane above Shearer, yet now the comparison exists because of numbers and medical advancements. There's a reason you're now seeing players like Modric starting the Champions Lge Final in his late 30s and winning it, and players pushing 40 at the top level. And Modric is for me one of the best midfielders of all time, but that longevity wouldn't have been possible a generation ago.

Edited by ohmelads

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Did he not mean two months to get back to full sharpness after the actual recovery (however long that was)? 

As has been mentioned it would be physically impossible to recover from an ACL in two months.

Can’t recall exactly, but pretty sure he said that against the odds, he played his first game two months later. Not sure whether it was a practice match/reserve game to begin to build match fitness. He also said, that nobody would give home a timeframe (surgeon or club medical staff) and inferred it was standard practice as (a) time to recover (which apparently doesn’t always happen) was so variable and (b) to counterbalance any demoralisation, if it was a big number. First bit is key point, it isn’t correct to state it is at least one year. It varies. 

Chiesa was my dream signing with the Euros were on and the takeover was still rumbling away. So cant bring myself to get into this one.

Old man Chiesa was linked in 1996.

Shearer's first serious injury was 92. Was intimidatingly good for Blackburn then and Haalanding up the joint with 22 goals by Boxing Day when he got injured.