NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

It's possible that Howe has decided to build the team to continue with this philosophy of concentrating most of our attacking play down the right hand side.

If so, a player like Barnes on the left makes a lot of sense as he'd be less expected to be involved in the build up play but would be a real goal threat from that side.

Will be interesting to see if Howe goes that way, the moves at LB will tell us a lot. The added advantage of having a LB that doesn't really push on is it will give us more freedom to push both Tonali and Bruno into advanced positions, knowing there's a bit more cover behind.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Depth:

RW: Miggy, Murphy, Gordon

RCM: Longstaff, Tonali, Anderson

DM: Bruno, Tonali

LCM: Willock, Joelinton

LW: Maxi, Barnes, Gordon, Isak

It's better. Still feel that RW spot is plaguing us somewhat.

Can add Big Jow to the left wing as well.

Makes you wonder whether Gordon was the right hand forward signing like

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Murphy has a contract until 2027, he's not leaving like

Well that depends doesn't it? On the club and the player.

If say Burnley or Sheffield Utd or even an Everton make a 15m+ bid, the club are accepting it IMO.

They won't force him out of the door but they would 100% do business. So then the player would have a choice to make. Hang around a club who was willing to sell him or move.

On the other hand, I suspect his wages are fairly low and he's another "club" man, who I could see hanging around into his 30s.

Over the next 18 months, his time on the pitch of going to become more and more limited though.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

If Barnes joins, and the interest in Chiesa is legitimate, would people trade Maxi out for him?

I'd sell Maxi for Barnes and one of either Chiesa, Diaby or Lindstrøm. But only if we got 2 players, not 1.

38 minutes ago, cranna said:

Why is EH signing another right footed left winger? Unless Saint-Maximin is leaving, getting Barnes doesn't make much sense.

Chiesa is also a right footed player. For me it has to be Diaby or someone like Nicolas Gonzalez from Fiorentina, both left footed.

He could play on the right. Eddie likes his wingers to cut inside rather than overlap, in general 

6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

13 league goals last season , more than Maxi has scored in his entire time here , great signing if it happens .

That's canny mental that like

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's one for you.

Chiesa or Diaby?

Chiesa was my dream signing when the takeover happened, but that injury is probably making me lean towards Diaby.

Diaby for me. Watched far more of him recently and ticks a lot of boxes for us.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's one for you.

Chiesa or Diaby?

Chiesa was my dream signing when the takeover happened, but that injury is probably making me lean towards Diaby.

Think I’d still go Chiesa but basing that solely watching him harass the opposition for Italy. Seems perfect for our style. 

Chiesa was immense in the Euros. Really looked a special talent. Also have a soft spot from watching football Italia in the 90s when his dad featured a lot. Would love him here. Having said that I think Barnes would be a great signing also.