NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, jack j said:

So we will be able to go big again next summer?

Maybe, depending how much we've manged to increase our revenue by and how much our profit/loss was in 22/23 and is this season. The £70m loss in 21/22 is probably a big part of any FFP issue we have and that will be gone from the FFP calculation in 24/25.

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Schar and Botman and of equal quality with Lascelles and Burn

No, obviously Botman and Schar is the superior pairing but...

Botman - Lascelles 

Burn - Schar 

That's pretty equal I would say.

5 minutes ago, Jagten said:

I think when we're a Fabian Schar injury away from Lascelles we need a CB. 

Haven't seen any rumours of Lascelles leaving this summer.

If he doesn't leave I'd be surprised if we added another RCB.

But maybe. Things could get crazy these last few weeks as the deadline looms.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

The most frustrating thing in all this is if we could just shift Fraser, Hendrick and Hayden. Regardless of how much we actually get in for them (if anything) this deal for Hall could probably be done quite easily with them all off the wage bill.

Does seem Hayden and Fraser have interest at least (Southampton/Celtic). Not a sniff on Hendrick though. 

Not sure a loan with an obligation will sway Chelsea, they will want the fee this summer to balance their books. 30m (25 + 5) seems to be about right for Hall, I wonder if we need to shift one or two of Hayden, Hendrick and Fraser to open up a gap in our wage bill first. Although Hall wouldn’t come in on that much, I reckon this one might drag on til the final days.

5 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I'd be happy with Hall, but I think playing Lascelles worries me more than playing Targett.

It's the other way round for me strangely. Neither of them should be starters but I'd be more concerned seeing Targett in that team against City at the weekend than if Lascelles was in there for Schar.

The question is. If we get an injury to Schar or Botman. Could we count on Lacelles to do an short term job if called on? 

Obviously Howe has worked wonders elsewhere and he did ping a Schar like pass in pre season. 

Just now, Likelylad said:

The question is. If we get an injury to Schar or Botman. Could we count on Lacelles to do an short term job if called on? 

Obviously Howe has worked wonders elsewhere and he did ping a Schar like pass in pre season. 

Yes. Lascelles was pretty solid away to Liverpool last season iirc. Lascelles as a backup isn’t a big a deal as some are making out imo. 

3 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I reckon Lascelles might play on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Yes. Lascelles was pretty solid away to Liverpool last season iirc. Lascelles as a backup isn’t a big a deal as some are making out imo. 

“When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a sideline shithouse or a great centre back. My answer’s always the same, to me, they’re not mutually exclusive.”

Edited by Likelylad

Just now, Likelylad said:

“When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a side line shithouse or a great centre back. My answer’s always the same, to me, they’re not mutually exclusive.”

There goes Jamaal Lascelles standing in at centre half. I must remember to thank him. 

53 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wasn't impressed with him home or away against us so I hope he's been class in his other 10 games. :lol:

Thought he was their best player against us at SJP, and I’d never heard of him before.

Sees his best position as a centre midfielder but says he’s comfortable playing left back, left wing back or even centre back. One thing we seem to be targeting with players at the moment is versatility.

So what I’m getting is a lot of people were saying “we really need someone to unlock those tight defences” so we get barnes, people then say “ffs - another season with burn at lb scares me” and as soon as we’re linked with one then people move on to “fuck - what if schar gets injured, we’d be screwed”.

Just now, Gawalls said:

So what I’m getting is a lot of people were saying “we really need someone to unlock those tight defences” so we get barnes, people then say “ffs - another season with burn at lb scares me” and as soon as we’re linked with one then people move on to “fuck - what if schar gets injured, we’d be screwed”.

Tbf if Isak gets injured we're down to one striker.