NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He won the academy player of the year and he’s only 18 and has already broken into the first team. 

I think they view him as a massive talent and from everything I’ve read they don’t particularly want to sell him. 

I of course hope I’m wrong and would love us to get him on the cheap but I just don’t see it. 

£30 million would not be getting him on the cheap!

That is around what we paid for both Bruno and Botman. It is what Arsenal paid for Timber.

Just now, KaKa said:

£30 million would not be getting him on the cheap!

That is around what we paid for both Bruno and Botman. It is what Arsenal paid for Timber.

You’re kind of missing the point no? If they don’t want to sell him we have to offer a price they can’t refuse. The reports suggest they don’t want to let him go and will only consider loans. 

I don’t see 30m as a fee they couldn’t refuse. Especially considering all the factors previously written and Chelsea’s distorted view of transfer fees. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Kaka my friend, they can ask for whatever they like, you know like how Brighton asked for 115m for Caicedo? It’s kinda how this works. 

The story is that due to the money they gave just spent on both Caicedo and Lavia that they are now open to selling Hall to try and recoup some money.

If they are open to selling him they aren't going to be asking for £50 million, because that valuation isn't realistic.

If they do insist in that, there'll not be any takers and so they won't get any money back.

£50 million likely gets some of the top left backs out there.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

You’re kind of missing the point no? If they don’t want to sell him we have to offer a price they can’t refuse. The reports suggest they don’t want to let him go and will only consider loans. 

I don’t see 30m as a fee they couldn’t refuse. Especially considering all the factors previously written and Chelsea’s distorted view of transfer fees. 

Nah, the point is they are now apparently looking to sell, which wasn't the case before.

Just now, KaKa said:

The story is that due to the money they gave just spent on both Caicedo and Lavia that they are now open to selling Hall to try and recoup some money.

If they are open to selling him they aren't going to be asking for £50 million, because that valuation isn't realistic.

If they do insist in that, there'll not be any takers and so they won't get any money back.

£50 million likely gets some of the top left backs out there.

I haven’t seen the story your referring to, I’m sure they want to ship out players who are surplus to requirements and I’m not sure he matches that criteria. 

anyways we shall see, if he happily shocked if he ended up here. 

£50m for Hall is the sort of price you quote only if you know a club as stupid as Chelsea themselves are sniffing around. Quote that to NUFC and there’s no chance of a sale.

Edited by AJ9

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Maatsen has shown “much more” purely because he’s three years older and had more opportunity to. You’re comparing them as if  Hall was loaned out at 15. 

Bruh ... As big part of player valuations is based on how proven a player is.

Maatsen has shown more because if the opportunity he had last year and so he is rated more highly.

This has nothing to do with how good Hall is or isn't, but he is less proven as of now, and so his valuation cannot be that high IMO.

I don't know why what I'm saying is seemingly so confusing.

Hall has looked very impressive in his limited appearances and even more impressive given he's not a natural left back and grew up playing as a midfielder. Seems to have so much potential and upside to him, Eddie would work wonders with him.

Juan Miranda has a lot of quality and potential too, been highly rated for some time and looks ready too make the next step up in his career.

3 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

£50m for Hall is the sort of price you quote only if you know a club as stupid as Chelsea themselves are sniffing around. Quote that to NUFC and there’s no chance of a sale.

That’s kind of the point people are making, Chelsea don’t want to sell so it will take a huge bid for them to consider it.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Maatsen has shown more because if the opportunity he had last year and so he is rated more highly.

This has nothing to do with how good Hall is or isn't, but he is less proven as of now, and so his valuation cannot be that high IMO.

“Proven” is a hard one to quantify- Maatsen has played 1 PL game compared to Halls 9. Does that mean Chelsea rate Hall higher? Stats like that are meaningless. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

That’s kind of the point people are making, Chelsea don’t want to sell so it will take a huge bid for them to consider it.

And that’s the point, and in kakas defence he believes Chelsea are open to selling him and if they are his valuation makes a lot more sense. 

All the reports I’ve read are saying they want to extend him for 6 years and loan him out. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Becuase you're saying different things.

My initial post was:

Lewis Hall would surely be 50m+ like*, there cannot be many more promising fullbacks his age about. Just signed a 6 year deal apparently? He'll be getting loaned out, I doubt to us.

You agree with me:

£50 million is close to what we paid for Tonali. If they ask that for Hall then they're basically not interested in selling.

It is Chelsea, so anything can happen, but any club in their right mind isn't selling an 18 year old with the potential of Hall for £25-30m.

Unless they absolutely needed him off the books this year they'd be better off letting his value rise before selling him, he looks a sure thing.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We likely don’t have the budget to bring in the players at the top of those lists. 

Yes

Hence why we probably won't do anything rather than something for the sake of it

Wait til we have got the budget

Just now, Manxst said:

“Proven” is a hard one to quantify- Maatsen has played 1 PL game compared to Halls 9. Does that mean Chelsea rate Hall higher? Stats like that are meaningless. 

Maatsen was exceptional for Burnley last year in a Burnley team that romped the Championship.

If you think that is meaningless then that's fine. I disagree.

The issue with someone like Hall is you are buying potential when he hasn’t really done anything of note in the first team apart from a few bright appearances, so any deal would be based on huge add ons which is why Chelsea are unlikely to sell and instead push for him to go out on loan for a season to drive his value up.

I agree with Kaka on the fee, I can’t see anyone paying £40 million for someone with half a dozen appearances in a position that doesn’t usually attract a high fee anyway. It would be a Chelsea thing to do.

I can see why this link is lingering on. The lad is supposedly a boyhood fan, he has the same agent as Eddie/Livra/Barnes etc. Undoubtedly there must be some players who are looking at Chelsea's business and wondering what their career path is when players are being treated like assets to be managed. Hall is possibly one of them - even if he was open to signing a new deal.

I also think Chelsea now are completely unemotional with players. They will sell anybody if the offer is good enough and it makes good accounting sense.

However I just can't see us offering the kind of deal that would tempt them to sell at this stage. They will be better off letting him go to Palace for a year and his value increasing through more gametime.

Just now, KaKa said:

Maatsen was exceptional for Burnley last year in a Burnley team that romped the Championship.

If you think that is meaningless then that's fine. I disagree.

And Hall as been good in every PL game he’s played in- a clear step up from the championship. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Becuase you're saying dofferent things.

My initial post was:

You agree with me:

It is Chelsea, so anything can happen, but any club in their right mind isn't selling an 18 year old with the potential of Hall for £25-30m.

Unless they absolutely needed him off the books this year they'd be better off letting his value rise before selling him, he looks a sure thing.

Guys I give up.

This is the last I will say on this.

Chelsea are apparently now open to selling him to recoup money.

My point is that based on that £50 million is not happening for them. A £50 million price means they are not open to selling.

Just now, KaKa said:

Guys I give up.

This is the last I will say on this.

Chelsea are apparently now open to selling him to recoup money.

My point is that based on that £50 million is not happening for them. A £50 million price means they are not open to selling.

Nothing wrong with a robust exchange of opinions, let’s see how this plays out. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

However I just can't see us offering the kind of deal that would tempt them to sell at this stage. They will be better off letting him go to Palace for a year and his value increasing through more gametime.

Yes, they would be better off. However, it’s not conclusive that Hall has signed a new deal. And it’s also been reported that we have potentially turned his head and he might want a move, which is why the loan to Palace hasn’t occurred. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

And Hall as been good in every PL game he’s played in- a clear step up from the championship. 

If you believe 11 Premier League cameos trumps a full season doing what Maatsen did at Burnley then fair enough. I disagree.

Just now, r0cafella said:

Nothing wrong with a robust exchange of opinions, let’s see how this plays out. 

Yeah, no problem. Just wasn't sure how else to say what I already had done. 

Let's see what happens.