NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Didn't we buy a raft of young (mainly Irish iirc) kids this summer? Are any of them capable of coming off the bench and giving us 20 minutes here and there? Not suggesting they're ready to start PL games or anything close but we need the bodies right now

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Didn't we buy a raft of young (mainly Irish iirc) kids this summer? Are any of them capable of coming off the bench and giving us 20 minutes here and there? Not suggesting they're ready to start PL games or anything close but we need the bodies right now

Very very much doubt so. 

We still have a squad of

Pope

Dubravka

Karius

Gillespie

Trippier

Krafth

Tino

Hall

Dummett

Lascelles

Schar

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

Miley

Richie

Almiron

Flash

Wilson

So we aren't at that stage yet. 

Alex Murphy maybes but heard he was injured. 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Very very much doubt so. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Not from what I've seen

Fair enough, just a thought :thup:

Injuries happen like, can't avoid them all season but we've just been a bit unlucky that we have so many all at the same time. But it gives others a chance to play and improve, if they can just hold the fort for another 10-12 games then we'll kick on massively when they come back into he squad in Jan/Feb. Need to try and spin it into a bit of a positive for some squad players who might not have had the chance to play otherwise - this is their opportunity

I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple of bodies in January (one of two) but the situation we’re in right now due to freak injuries won’t be at this stage come January when we’re allowed to bring in players. We will likely be all topped up in most of the positions by then.  

While it seems dire right now (and it is) it won’t look that way come January and I think the team building our club at the moment also see this (we know for a fact actually because Ashworth mentioned it).

I know we’re all desperate for extra bodies right now but I still don’t see any short term loans or emergency signings coming in January. At most it will be one or two long-term targets moved up a window or two depending on their situations. 

34 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’m sure we’ll bring in a couple of bodies in January (one of two) but the situation we’re in right now due to freak injuries won’t be at this stage come January when we’re allowed to bring in players. We will likely be all topped up in most of the positions by then.  

While it seems dire right now (and it is) it won’t look that way come January and I think the team building our club at the moment also see this (we know for a fact actually because Ashworth mentioned it).

I know we’re all desperate for extra bodies right now but I still don’t see any short term loans or emergency signings coming in January. At most it will be one or two long-term targets moved up a window or two depending on their situations. 

Agreed, many are due back in Jan/Feb. Assuming that happens and aside from other injuries (please no) I think there are only two things we'd react to in January: Botman needs surgery and is out for most of the season; Isak still struggling / Wilson injured.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Agreed, many are due back in Jan/Feb. Assuming that happens and aside from other injuries (please no) I think there are only two things we'd react to in January: Botman needs surgery and is out for most of the season; Isak still struggling / Wilson injured.

Agree, however it’ll also depend on whether the players they want in those positions are available in January.

56 minutes ago, andycap said:

We still have a squad of

Pope

Dubravka

Karius

Gillespie

Trippier

Krafth

Tino

Hall

Dummett

Lascelles

Schar

Bruno

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton

Miley

Richie

Almiron

Flash

Wilson

So we aren't at that stage yet. 

Alex Murphy maybes but heard he was injured. 

4 of those are goalkeepers though. Its less about what we have available and more about how absolutely knackered the ones we have available will be after the amount of games they play.

More minutes for players = more injuries. 

More injuries = more minutes for already tired players.

It's a vicious cycle that thankfully well have some respite from because of the International break. But after that the fixture congestion is even worse.

For those who think we will definitely make signings, do you think it will be stop gap singing (which we don't appear to do) 

Or the 'bringing forward' of long term targets. Like we did with Gordon, who was apparently supposed to be a summer singing 

Seems to me rather than Philips it's Neves that's the one that's so obvious it should be nailed on, at least on loan. He wants to come back to the PL, and always seemed like a grafter as well as being technically sound. And happens to be owned by the same people that own us...

Just now, Kimbo said:

I’m not at all comfortable with loaning players from Saudi like Neves. I’d see it as cheating and it would justify all the paranoia and conspiracy theories from other fanbases.

Evennif we pay the going rate and others are likely to do the same thing ?

Just now, madras said:

Evennif we pay the going rate and others are likely to do the same thing ?

Loaning Neves would be cheap, after Saudi spent big money on him a few months ago. It would be dodgy as fuck. If we bought him for around the same price he was signed for in the summer then ok.