NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Then sign players properly like other clubs do

I'm all for that.  You know like Liverpool signed all the best players in the 70's and 80's?  Then Man United signed all the best players 90's onwards.  Don't forget Chelsea hoovering the star players not long back and are still doing it.  Then Newcastle............... oh wait let's put loads of new rules and restrictions in place to hinder those awful Geordies/Arabs.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I haven't really kept up to date with our FFP stuff but I'm not sure if we can unless we're creative with it?

I agree we may need to be unless some of these sponsorships have released extra funds that we obviously arent privvy to. That would still count for loans though ie Neves alleged £300k wages unless we literally do what everyone is complaining about and have PIF pay which id rather avoid tbh.

Just now, Rod said:

I'm all for that.  You know like Liverpool signed all the best players in the 70's and 80's?  Then Man United signed all the best players 90's onwards.  Don't forget Chelsea hoovering the star players not long back and are still doing it.  Then Newcastle............... oh wait let's put loads of new rules and restrictions in place to hinder those awful Geordies/Arabs.

What rules have they hindered us with now? I mean we are discussing this rule failing.....

Just now, Fezzle said:

What rules have they hindered us with now? I mean we are discussing this rule failing.....

So you're not that savvy when it comes to the corrupt Premier league and their super six mates eh?

1 minute ago, Rod said:

What I find weird is that they can just vote new rules/restrictions in the middle of the season.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I stand corrected on that one but point still remains, it's not uncommon and it's not against the rules

Vast majority of those when they are desperate to get rid of a player(Cancelo/Lukaku) or need them off the books. Not when they only signed a few months ago and cos the same people own the two clubs involved

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

So you cant answer?

Could go on forever how the powers to be in football have put obstacle after obstacle in front of Newcastle’s progress.  Could start with the "no decision" to ok the takeover that held us back for nearly two years.  Have you just awoken from hibernation or something?

17 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Vast majority of those when they are desperate to get rid of a player(Cancelo/Lukaku) or need them off the books. Not when they only signed a few months ago and cos the same people own the two clubs involved

Who is to say Neves isn't unsettled and wants to come back to the Premier League? 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Who is to say Neves isn't unsettled and wants to come back to the Premier League? 

Ruben Neves himself has literally just done an interview where he's stated in no uncertain terms that he's more than happy where he is.

Hasn't he?

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

Could go on forever how the powers to be in football have put obstacle after obstacle in front of Newcastle’s progress.  Could start with the "no decision" to ok the takeover that held us back for nearly two years.  Have you just awoken from hibernation or something?

Well as we are exclusively talking about transfers i didnt think some knacka would start banging on about totally different subjects when he jumped on my post. But yeah you carry on with whatever irrelevant chat you fancy.....

16 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ruben Neves himself has literally just done an interview where he's stated in no uncertain terms that he's more than happy where he is.

Hasn't he?

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

David Ornstein yesterday, he’s usually bang on with any transfer news.

But other than the facts can you prove it?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Neves is a good player, but I'm not sure if he'd be a good fit for us.

Id be concerned at our lack of pace mind. Anyway, im going to avoid this thread for a bit as its going round in circles and cant add much more [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Why the focus on Neves, there's plenty of decent players out there, the difficulties will be convincing players to drop their high profile lifestyles and glorious weather for the cold winters of the UK.

It's just an easy link to make. Recent PL player, CL quality, potentially available. Bit lazy but I doubt the club are still sniffing around if he's not willing to move (if they ever were).

I've never been less concerned with transfer rumours than I have since the takeover.

37 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Hasn't he?

In that case we won't be signing him

Not sure why anyone would be bothered if we loan a player from a Saudi club. If it happens it will be because both the club and player want it to happen 

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

In that case we won't be signing him

Not sure why anyone would be bothered if we loan a player from a Saudi club. If it happens it will be because both the club and player want it to happen 

They're just trying to make life as difficult as possible for us off the pitch in order to put the brakes on our rise.

It's pathetic when you think about it. Like another kid coming along asking to play with the toys your playing with and you outright refusing before going to the teacher and having a whinge about it.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

28 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Lets be honest, all of this noise around Neves and Saudi is just providing a perfect cover for us to go under the radar with our real targets.

Which if recent history is anything to go by, will be 19 year old promising youngsters who could well turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread...in a couple of years time.