NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don't think he was being 100% serious btw.

Not sure mind. It would be a laugh just to see the rest of the league raging, and it would open up a load of financial gain for us. Just think it would disrupt the good team spirit we seem to have

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The Saudis haven’t invested billions in building their league to just send loads of players back to England on loan. Can’t see it. 

There isn’t anything stopping them from going out and buying more players when the transfer window opens.

15 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Parent club pays 100% of the wages when we get them on loan for 6 months 😉

Fucking hell, no wonder there are moves to try and put a stop to it. But still a bit snidey that clubs have only done this since the Saudi league took off.

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The Saudis haven’t invested billions in building their league to just send loads of players back to England on loan. Can’t see it. 

Yeah, as much as I'm sure they want us to do well, their primary purpose is going to be build their own league asap, and they aren't going to undermine it by loaning out their best players to other leagues.

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

For a few months. A brother in need and all that! [emoji38]

All bar Tonali are due back by 31 Jan so hardly a huge worry as we will only have 2 league games in Jan anyway(ignoring the obvious issue with the Liverpool game)

Just now, Fezzle said:

All bar Tonali are due back by 31 Jan so hardly a huge worry as we will only have 2 league games in Jan anyway(ignoring the obvious issue with the Liverpool game)

Just for the fewm alone [emoji38] I’d love to see Mahrez for us with Gordon and Isak.  The good news is it’s an option even if we never use it.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Just for the fewm alone [emoji38] I’d love to see Mahrez for us with Gordon and Isak.  The good news is it’s an option even if we never use it.

Got no interest in causing more shit with teams to be honest. Much rather do things all 100% above board and stick two fingers up at them when their attempts failed. Anyone from Saudi will fuck us wages wise too so thats money we cant spend on transfers further along

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Honestly feels like Ashworth was just fucking with them in that interview. I don’t think we’ll get anyone from the pro league. Nice to see them scramble and expend time an effort trying to stop us. 

And adds to a growing list of rules/votes they’ve pulled aimed specifically at us. I mean what are they so scared of? [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Got no interest in causing more shit with teams to be honest. Much rather do things all 100% above board and stick two fingers up at them when their attempts failed. Anyone from Saudi will fuck us wages wise too so thats money we cant spend on transfers further along

Loaning club covers wages [emoji38] Agree to do things inspite of them trying to trip us up, but once in a while fuck it. The rules are in place, if we are working within their rules I have no issue with that. Probably/hopefully won’t need it, but good in a crisis. One that should be short lived.

I for one won’t boo Mahrez and Gordon ripping up defences threading balls through to Benzema! 

:indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I’d imagine we wouldn’t pay their full wages if we did loan anyone (not that I think we will).

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Loaning club covers wages [emoji38] Agree to do things inspite of them trying to trip us up, but once in a while fuck it. The rules are in place, if we are working within their rules I have no issue with that. Probably/hopefully won’t need it, but good in a crisis. One that should be short lived.

I for one won’t boo Mahrez and Gordon ripping up defences threading balls through to Benzema! 

:indi:

Utter bollocks except in this daft scenario which is exactly why they correctly wanted the rule

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d imagine we wouldn’t pay their full wages if we did loan anyone (not that I think we will).

Which is why they tried to rush the rule in, clearly dodgy use of our connections. Agree like, dont think we will anyway but its totally right to want to block it. Should have been done long ago when Watford were rife, although they never challenged the top 10 so didnt matter

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Which is why they tried to rush the rule in, clearly dodgy use of our connections. Agree like, dont think we will anyway but its totally right to want to block it. Should have been done long ago when Watford were rife, although they never challenged the top 10 so didnt matter

It's not uncommon for parent clubs to still cover the bulk of wages for players on high wages that are loaned out

You think Sevilla were paying the full whack for Martial? 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's not uncommon for parent clubs to still cover the bulk of wages for players on high wages that are loaned out

You think Sevilla were paying the full whack for Martial? 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12524852/anthony-martial-sevilla-sign-manchester-united-forward-on-loan-until-end-of-season

Obviously you know more than Sky on that one

21 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

That's assuming all players come back without suffering any further disruptions

We may also have 2 semi final legs in January