NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

30 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

According to the athletic we are close to FFP so it’s loans and freebies. 

What a load of shit this system is, I would love to see it challenged in court.

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely think we would be better off waiting till the summer to spend anyways.

If that's true(none of us or them really know) then sounds like Phillips is off the table. Given we can buy a £50m player at half the wages for when he costs for this year 

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely think we would be better off waiting till the summer to spend anyways.

If it means not blowing 3.5 million on Phillips with an obligation I concur.

I would rather continue with Mileys development, get some of these players back and see how we go.

If they can secure a long term target like Gordon and bring it forward that’s a different matter.

Put me in the wait till Summer camp as well. 

Honestly think we will finish in the top 7 a (7th to be exact) which should be Europa assuming Liverpool win the league cup. It will get worse before it gets better. Expect the bedwetter to be out in full force by the end of Jan as I think there's a decent chance we could start Feb as low as 11th. But with (hopefully) close to a full squad from Feb onwards, and fewer games, I back us to go on a decent enough run to climb up to 7th. 

Re-group in the Summer when the FFP burden will have be lightened further, and go big in the Summer window. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have to be open minded, if we secure a target which will push us forward and strengthen our weak areas this month then we should. What we shouldn’t do is panic and get someone on unfavourable terms for the sake of it. 

We do need to be forward thinking however, especially given certain players are getting no younger and will only decline. Getting players in with higher ceilings than what we have should be the absolute priority. 

At this point I'd actually really like to see us sign Phillips on loan just to see how our midfield looks with a more traditional DM sitting in front of the defense.

Allow us to be a bit more aggressive pushing both our full backs forward in attack, no more of the whole Burn becoming a LCB when we're in possession thing.

Also a chance to see how Bruno looks as a #8, operating further up the field. I have doubts about his athleticism for the role but also think there's the potential for him to give us some more ability on the ball in the final third so I'd really like to see it for a bit.

If it all looks good then bring in a true DM in summer, be it Phillips or someone else.

If not, Bruno goes back there to start next season.

37 minutes ago, Shak said:

At this point I'd actually really like to see us sign Phillips on loan just to see how our midfield looks with a more traditional DM sitting in front of the defense.

Allow us to be a bit more aggressive pushing both our full backs forward in attack, no more of the whole Burn becoming a LCB when we're in possession thing.

Also a chance to see how Bruno looks as a #8, operating further up the field. I have doubts about his athleticism for the role but also think there's the potential for him to give us some more ability on the ball in the final third so I'd really like to see it for a bit.

If it all looks good then bring in a true DM in summer, be it Phillips or someone else.

I feel like the same. I also wonder if Bruno’s general reading of game and anticipation will make up for the pace when he’s pressing. When he’s dueling he’s generally winning. 

39 minutes ago, Shak said:

We've already seen Bruno play the 8 role, when Shelvey was sitting deeper.