NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

I think we need some maturity and experience. He’s a consistent choice for the national squad and he does his job well. It’s an unspectacular job but it’s a really important one. 

I get that and actually think he's perfect on loan. I meant in terms of long term though, if a better deal can be found

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Hopefully that’s his default style and maybe why Pep didn’t integrate him.

I've said before that he never suited City. Much more suited to Klopp or Howe.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Think so. I’m looking forward to us hopefully getting him. Known quantity, Premiership proven. We’re desperate for fresh legs and some steel in that midfield.

33 minutes ago, STM said:

Watched the highlights of his time at Leeds that was posted earlier, and if it's that player then he looks ideal. Presses, press resistant, very direct quick passing with excellent range, tenacious in the tackle.

Feel like he can play the Bruno role, which allows us to either rest him or tactically move him. As it stands I'd take him, provided loan fee wasn't a complete piss take, and that any option to buy was solely based on him smashing it for us over the 2nd half of the season, with a reasonable fee already agree if we wanted to buy him as well.

Edit:also this one does seem similar to the Maddison/Tierney links that dragged on and seemed almost inevitable.

Edited by BonesJones

32 minutes ago, STM said:

The best part about Kalvin Phillips is that he's perfect for our system, he's all action.

(That's provided we can get the Phillips of Leeds).

I think that's what might be tempting us to make the deal. Miley is a lovely player on the ball, but Philips would be much more aggressive in the press. He'd bring us a bit of the old Tiote gangstapress as opposed to the gegenpress.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

£7.5m was the Phillips loan fee before the season started. You'd think it would be lower for half a season. Mind, we are desperate and need bodies in ASAP. 

I still kinda wish if we could get a keeper and winger like. Not that Phillips wouldn't help

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Phillips loan 

Sesko loan

Marmardashvili 30 million

Not sold on Phillips but it looks more than likely it might happen. Think it’s vital we get a keeper and maybe we can structure a deal for a keeper that keeps us within FFP.

is it 3 years we get to ‘bank’ the sale proceeds for FFP?

Got to be a way we part ex Dubs for £10m but pay £10m over the asking price for someone to make it work