NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I recall it working with Botman, but that might be about it. We underpaid for Bruno, but not sure how much it had to do with public posturing.

We also had Sociedad move their asking price for Isak - they initially said we'd have to meet his release clause but their position softened later in the window and that's when we got the deal done.

27 minutes ago, TRC said:

Really don't see why we are snubbing the Phillips loan price. Providing he stays fit he probably gets us into the top 7 which pays for the loan fee itself.

Is it not £7m we've rumoured to have been quoted? So £14m if looking at it for a full season

2 hours ago, janpawel said:

Is it not £7m we've rumoured to have been quoted? So £14m if looking at it for a full season

Does it double for ffp if you just do 6 months?

Trust Newcastle to go from the tightest owner in the world who was free to spend whatever he wanted, to the richest owner in the world who can't spend. 

Stop all this crying about FFP for goodness sake.

We have good people in charge that have been excellent in getting good players in.

It's all going to be navigated just fine and dare I say much better than the majority of other clubs.

We either take a baby step this month and then again in the summer or we hold off until then and make a giant leap.

The financial picture for next season is going to be very different unless we do something dumb that takes a short term view.

I still think we get a loan in, possibly 2. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Has to be bullshit given our injury record and his. 

Grim if that’s the type of player we’re looking at to take us to the “next level”. Would rather take a punt on someone from overseas for a fraction of the price than him. 

Just now, Nucasol said:

Grim if that’s the type of player we’re looking at to take us to the “next level”. Would rather take a punt on someone from overseas for a fraction of the price than him. 

Yes very talented and I can see why we would be interested but it’s a massive gamble and this season has shown we simply can’t afford to take gambles, both Barnes and Tonali have backfired on us. 

not exploring the Saudi league loan deals at all is a mistake imo.

fucking PL clubs even had a vote about 2 months ago that related clubs ("same owner") can make deal, it just slipped through with 13 votes against it lol. needed 14 to get it banned.

55 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Please no.

I know it’s only rumours but I hope they’re all bollocks about our targets. Would rather we look abroad than take the top club’s cast offs for no doubt mega money. 

I like Emile Smith Rowe and think he’s going to have a good future but for the money he wouldn’t be worth it and once again, his main position when I’ve watched him has been on the left. We need people who are much stronger on the right. Is he good enough to be a top class 10? I don’t think so 

It's the sort of signing that if we weren't smothered by FFP I'd be alright with - feels like there's a player in there and he just needs to kickstart his career somewhere he can get some consistent starts.

Given that we've hardly any room to manoeuvre in the market financially, the "English premium" you end up paying and his injury record - it feels like far too much of a risk.

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

We need more English if anything, Brexit Mags. Why not Gibbs-White, ESR and Gallagher for £300 million to replace the Brazilian lads and proceed to finish 9th.

Eddie and Andy like this.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Stop all this crying about FFP for goodness sake.

We have good people in charge that have been excellent in getting good players in.

It's all going to be navigated just fine and dare I say much better than the majority of other clubs.

We'll navigate it better in that the club will make sure they don't breach it. But as a club I think we should refuse to just accept what is an in just system. 

It doesn’t take much to get some peoples knickers in a twist.

The club look at hundreds of players and they will also know the squad needs some filling out, unless you want to see Ritchie etc in the bench again next season, so there could well be additions at good prices that aren’t straight into the first 11.