NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Yeah I didn't even get into the obscene wages argument. The tax thing would count for anyone classed as UK residents earning money in this tax year I'd assume. Unless footballers operate on different rules to us peasants 

i mean saudi tax law. isnt henderson a bit fucked if he come back this january - or is that to do with uk tax law.

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Urgh, the idea of this... I think a bit of sick just came back up. I mean, I don't believe for a minute we'd sell Bruno to those scum, but if we did... no, just no.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bruno-guimaraes-transfer-could-cost-28443589

Baseless crap from the Echo, Half the ITK's on twitter know more that those muppets - Reach plc have no sports "journalists" left [emoji38]

You guys know PIF isn't investing billions in Saudi football just so they can give us mates rates on a few loans right? :lol: Why do people think they'd hand over a huge investment to us when they're trying to increase the profile of their league too. 

Just now, maybe_next_year said:

You guys know PIF isn't investing billions in Saudi football just so they can give us mates rates on a few loans right? :lol: Why do people think they'd hand over a huge investment to us when they're trying to increase the profile of their league too. 

Interesting point, I guess the answer would be one is a worthless money sink and one is an asset which has appreciated and will continue to do so as long as they invest. 

10 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Baseless crap from the Echo, Half the ITK's on twitter know more that those muppets - Reach plc have no sports "journalists" left [emoji38]

It’s the Scouse chronicle, owned by the same group aswell.

https://www.reachsolutions.co.uk/brands/the-chronicle

The Chronicle is a hyper-local paid daily newspaper. As an established, and trusted brand.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Interesting point, I guess the answer would be one is a worthless money sink and one is an asset which has appreciated and will continue to do so as long as they invest. 

But they won't see it as a worthless money sink just 1 year into their project. Maybe in a couple of years if they see no improvement/interest in their league, but not this early.

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

What if Saudi teams don't want to give us players? Or those players don't want to come especially the ones who already played in England that will get hammered with tax? It's not a simple case of 'our owners are their owners' 

Even without the ex-UK based one's theres' still a decent list to make a fist of it. 

It actually could be as simple as that - the only issue would be the fall out from everyone else if we recover from 10th to 6th or above due to the additions, they will close the loophole for sure - instead of looking at the nuance of less games, their injured players have returned, it'll all be down to cheating Saudi's etc

3 months of loans to salvage a bad season - in essence it's just Feb, Mar and Apr games - that is required and it could be a huge boost to a flagging season

My fear is Howe and Ashworth are too textbook and orthodox to consider it

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Even without the ex-UK based one's theres' still a decent list to make a fist of it. 

It actually could be as simple as that - the only issue would be the fall out from everyone else if we recover from 10th to 6th or above due to the additions, they will close the loophole for sure - instead of looking at the nuance of less games, their injured players have returned, it'll all be down to cheating Saudi's etc

3 months of loans to salvage a bad season - in essence it's just Feb, Mar and Apr games - that is required and it could be a huge boost to a flagging season

My fear is Howe and Ashworth are too textbook and orthodox to consider it

That's a lot of words to totally ignore the point you replied to

48 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Yes and no - the huge profile of these signings has worked already to an extent, in that they've gotten big broadcast deals, players and clubs are taking them seriously. A few months won't make a difference to that - especially if it's a) just one player per team, and b) it frees up a slot for a new multi million superstar signing

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

That's a lot of words to totally ignore the point you replied to

Haha yes I forgot what the original point was - it's all hypothetical to be honest as I don't see it happening whatsoever

54 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

PIF didnt spend £300m on a premier league club to have it mid table, with other middle east owned teams in europe taking the piss out of us.

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

PIF didnt spend £300m on a premier league club to have it mid table, with other middle east owned teams in europe taking the piss out of us.

They have said from the start it’s a 5 year plan to get us where we should be, nothing has changed in that fact, some of our fans are right fucking wet wipes 

Edited by nufcnick

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

It’s the Scouse chronicle, owned by the same group aswell.

https://www.reachsolutions.co.uk/brands/the-chronicle

The Chronicle is a hyper-local paid daily newspaper. As an established, and trusted brand.

Who's chief sports writer is the much maligned and ridiculed Lee Ryder. I mean the joke when I lived back in the North East was you couldn't wipe your arse with the Chronicle, as more shite would come off the paper. Has it ever been terribly accurate other than when the club deliberately fed them stuff?

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

What if Saudi teams don't want to give us players? Or those players don't want to come especially the ones who already played in England that will get hammered with tax? It's not a simple case of 'our owners are their owners' 

I mean, it absolutely is. If PIF want the players to come here then they will come here.

10 minutes ago, NSG said:

I mean, it absolutely is. If PIF want the players to come here then they will come here.

But they obviously don't as the club repeated again this week that we aren't going there

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

They have said from the start it’s a 5 year plan to get us where we should be, nothing has changed in that fact, some of our fans are right fucking wet wipes 

The five year plan doesn’t just mean investment in players. All aspects of the club need to evolve.

Commercial deals being the main one so we can work better with the teams above us in terms of buying power.

FFP is really doing its job here. Stopping the breakthrough for other teams to get into the big six.

12 hours ago, loki679 said:

image.thumb.png.b25b0c140d4b2fe5b841de92d5a94845.png

I went on an overland tour through parts of Africa in the summer of 2011.  Mobile networks and wifi/internet connections were pretty much not a thing where I was so I was at this time. When I connected again with the wider world half of UK cities seemed to be rioting, Amy Winehouse was dead and Newcastle had sold my favourite player Enrique and bought Obertan. It wasn't the reintroduction to reality I was after.