NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

37 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’m just glad Eddie doesn’t see it the same way. :lol: 

More important would be a creative CM in a #10 ilk to feed Isak and the wide forwards and chip in with 8-10 goals. 

I think him playing Miley in that role in order to free up Bruno to play further forward suggests a significant shift on the matter from Howe.

Would have great to see who and how the midfield would have played out with all 6 cms fit.

Tonali and two joes would have had more energy than the current three.. then add Anderson into the group as well.

Still no real cdm or cam in the mix other than Bruno

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

Next season I'm hoping it's something like

Bruno       Tonali  - in a double pivot type situation

New RW       AM        Gordon/Barnes

Isak

We need to do absolutely everything to get the ball into Isak's feet. The dude will score a shitload of goals if we can do that. And with someone in more of a central AM role that plays the ball into feet ala a Maddison type player, that happens.

And then with the bench we'll have, we can change the system up with the subs.

Although I'm well aware that this is as pie in the sky as the people who think we're changing systems and getting a DM. We're more likely to just get players to fit into the current system that Howe likes.

37 minutes ago, andycap said:

Jo is a Brazilian international player now and he's better than casemiro nowadays. Lucky to get 40 million is bollocks. I think he worth about 60 million in today's market. 

You've been told already, but this summer will be his last year of contract, why would anyone pay £60m for a Joelinton who has 1 year left? 

11 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Isak

We need to do absolutely everything to get the ball into Isak's feet. The dude will score a shitload of goals if we can do that. And with someone in more of a central AM role that plays the ball into feet ala a Maddison type player, that happens.

Although I'm well aware that this is as pie in the sky as the people who think we're changing systems and getting a DM. We're more likely to just get players to fit into the current system that Howe likes.

I’d be delighted with that, we would need a reliable alternative to Isak as well to avoid his injury issues.

5 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t get a proper look at Howe-ball with better players. 

In the end, I think this is what's going to happen. Just upgraded across the starting XI in the current system. No DMs coming in, no AMs, etc. It's just going to be Howe Ball, 4-3-3, with better players.

(which I am absolutely not against)

Edited by cubaricho

17 minutes ago, janpawel said:

You've been told already, but this summer will be his last year of contract, why would anyone pay £60m for a Joelinton who has 1 year left? 

Well kane was in his last year yet spurs got what they wanted for him. 

53 minutes ago, Beth said:

Are you the same poster who said Almiron was worth £35-40m?

Don't think so. Maybe last year when he was at his most valuable after his most productive season for us. 

33 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Isak

For me, I don’t think playing that deep gets the best out of Bruno, and Tonali has never played that deep before either.  I’d rather push both further forward and get a new holding midfielder to sit behind them

Didn’t Tonali play as a DM/the 6 with Brescia and then in a 2 during one of his season’s in Milan? Been a long time since I read anything about him. 

Playing in the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 doesn’t mean they’re going to be deep all the while or playing as 2 holding mids. 

All a bit irrelevant. As I don’t see Howe changing systems. 

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Didn’t Tonali play as a DM/the 6 with Brescia and then in a 2 during one of his season’s in Milan? Been a long time since I read anything about him. 

Playing in the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 doesn’t mean they’re going to be deep all the while or playing as 2 holding mids. 

E7E4E485-34BB-46C8-BC49-0EF42DB0875C.jpeg

52 minutes ago, janpawel said:

What about all that fair market value bollocks. Ask for £100m.

Seems fair to me. ?

3 minutes ago, vexred said:

We really missed out by not going for Cole Palmer. 

Instead of who? Quite hard to legislate for Barnes being injured for 4 months with a dodgy toe and Tonali loving a gary gamble. 

Would have seemed quite a risk based on the fee and the wages at the time. Easy to say now in hindsight. 

Much like Maddison. Even if we could pay the money. Who’s to say he would choose to come here over Chelsea? 

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Isn’t he on silly wages?

‘Only’ £75k, which is nothing by Chelsea standards.

That kid they signed from Villa, that’s injured now, is apparently on £100k.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Maybe they'll take me. I could lie on a treatment table for oh, £25k a week to start. 

No sense being too greedy!

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Definitely if that is what he’s on. Thought it was 6 figures ??

36 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

A ‘double-pivot’ would imply playing deeper than playing as a conventional midfielder - particularly in a 4-2-3-1 rather than an attacking 4-3-3

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Much like Maddison. Even if we could pay the money. Who’s to say he would choose to come here over Chelsea? 

There isn't anything to say he would. He's a good playmaker and can play on the right, the type of player we need. If Chelsea are forced to sell players in the summer I'd love for us to try and sign him.