NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone else think we won’t sign a midfielder this summer unless one leaves ?

I'm with you on that. I think we'll be open to selling Anderson at the right price, but we need him to come back and have a good audition in the last few months for that to work out. I think that's our ideal upgrade path.

Otherwise, Bruno is the domino and I lean towards him staying.

In order of them selling, this is what I can see them doing (decent money, not including cast-offs):

Almiron

Wilson

Longstaff

Targett
Murphy (although perhaps not as a good cheap sub, good for morale etc)

With Ritchie, Dummett, Lascelles also probably on the way out, it's quite a few players that need to be replaced to rebuild the squad. 

We shouldn't sell Miggy and Murphy (barring obscene offers). Either is a useful squad player.

Quite certain those trying to shove Longstaff out the door will be sorely disappointed.

We absolutely should be trying to shift either one of Almiron or Murphy if we get a solid offer. We won't be signing a right sided player if have both of them still on the books.

We have to sell and both of those players are right at the right point where they need to be sold or there will be no market for them going forward.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

We absolutely should be trying to shift either one of Almiron or Murphy if we get a solid offer. We won't be signing a right sided player if have both of them still on the books.

We have to sell and both of those players are right at the right point where they need to be sold or there will be no market for them going forward.

Agree 100%. Keep one of them as a squad player, sell t'other.

I mean, almost all of the players we're linked to never materialise as a signing. I don't pay any attention to players we're linked to because it's 99% 'journalistic' nonsense. I start paying attention when we've actually bid. At that point I believe it's a player we're interested in. Given how many false flags there have been post takeover I don't know know how any of us can sincerely draw any conclusions from what BS turns up on twitter as to what players we're genuinely looking to sign.

2 hours ago, 54 said:

FWIW Transfermarkt who tend to be a somewhat decent gauge at market value, has Anderson valued at €13m. 

Screenshot_20240213-120431.png

Come on man, they Value Almiron at £30m[emoji38]

25 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Would sell Miggy - should have enough cover with Minteh and Murphy alongside a top quality RW

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wasn’t the Saudi bid we accepted 30 million ?

It was about £20m, and I think even that would have been a fantastic fee for a flaky 30 year old winger. Once his pace drops off in a couple of years time he's done.

Edited by Beth

Personally think Minteh is going to very interesting next season. He’s got a ton of talent. We obviously need another RW but he won’t be going out on loan next season, I’m sure of that 

23 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We shouldn't sell Miggy and Murphy (barring obscene offers). Either is a useful squad player.

Quite certain those trying to shove Longstaff out the door will be sorely disappointed.

Said this yesterday. Longstaff won't be going anywhere and I'm not overly bothered. We can and have won plenty of games with Longstaff in midfield and when he's at his best he's a really good PL player but also we all know that there are limitations that should find him down the pecking order.

IMO theres a reason Burn, Longstaff, Murphy will be around for quite a while (to varying degrees), they are players who love the club and keep something of an identity in the dressing room. 

Anderson is a puzzler to me. I don't know if Howe sees him in a similar vein or whether he'd be tempted to cash in. Part of that is because I'm unsure of Andersons long term potential myself.

Wilson, Miggy, Targett, Lascelles, will all be seen as expendable for the right price.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally think Minteh is going to very interesting next season. He’s got a ton of talent. We obviously need another RW but he won’t be going out on loan next season, I’m sure of that 

Really interesting point of view because I'm the opposite.

I've been convinced that he will never play a meaningful game for the club (he might get some pre season outings). Also, I feel the Dutch league is a terrible gauge for a players ability. In order for him to be a success in the PL, he'd have to be amazing in the Dutch league.

That said, I've not kept up to date on his performances and potential can play a big part (look at Kanes loan moves).

If he stays with us, he will be a 3rd choice RW at best. He'd be much better suited to another loan move IMO.

I'd love to see him get a PL loan move or even an good Championship loan (Burnley next year). That would be a better gauge for where he's at.

Again, I might be wrong and I hope he's class.[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I've been convinced that he will never play a meaningful game for the club (he might get some pre season outings). Also, I feel the Dutch league is a terrible gauge for a players ability. In order for him to be a success in the PL, he'd have to be amazing in the Dutch league.

That said, I've not kept up to date on his performances and potential can play a big part (look at Kanes loan moves).

If he stays with us, he will be a 3rd choice RW at best. He'd be much better suited to another loan move IMO.

I'd love to see him get a PL loan move or even an good Championship loan (Burnley next year). That would be a better gauge for where he's at.

He looks pretty explosive. I’ve only seen bits and pieces from his time abroad but he’s definitely got the talent to make it. I agree on the Dutch league being a very difficult league to tell you what someone would be like in the PL but I’m genuinely excited about Minteh. Sadly, not so much with Kuol 

Just now, STM said:

Minteh is only 19. Chelsea have extensively used the Dutch league for players to mixed results. But impressing is certainly nothing to side eye at this stage of his development.

I think 3rd choice winger for a team in the Europa/Conference League is about right for a 20-year-old. Especially if the second-choice winger is Almiron or Murphy that can be overtaken with good performances.

If we don't qualify for Europe - aye keep him out on loan.

Kuol i don't think we'll see in B&W again.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Because of FFP we might need to listen to offers for any of the lads

Isak, Tonali, Botman, Bruno, Pope?

I'm not being pedantic but aren't you just using the tired "every player has their price", mantra?

Which of course is true. Someone sticks 150m on Isak, he's gone.

Also hasn't our FFP threshold changed this summer, haven't we regained our wriggle room for spending on the 3 year basis (I'm not an expert at FFP [emoji38])?

My point on Longstaff was that far too many unlikely things would have to happen for him to leave. 

Longstaff would have to want to leave.

We'd have to receive a bid of probably 25m+ to consider (not my valuation but I suspect Howe wouldn't let him go for less)

Howe would have to be on board from a principle point of view, I.e letting a local player leave

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He looks pretty explosive. I’ve only seen bits and pieces from his time abroad but he’s definitely got the talent to make it. I agree on the Dutch league being a very difficult league to tell you what someone would be like in the PL but I’m genuinely excited about Minteh. Sadly, not so much with Kuol 

Might have to have a look on YT.

Would certainly like to see him get a pre season in... and some training time under Howe.

Kuol should go to a team what is top 4 in their division, not sure what level he is, whether its league 2, Belgium or something, but none of this relegation battle for him anymore.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Minteh is only 19. Chelsea have extensively used the Dutch league for players to mixed results. But impressing is certainly nothing to side eye at this stage of his development.

I think 3rd choice winger for a team in the Europa/Conference League is about right for a 20-year-old. Especially if the second-choice winger is Almiron or Murphy that can be overtaken with good performances.

If we don't qualify for Europe - aye keep him out on loan.

Kuol i don't think we'll see in B&W again.

Fair enough. Really keen to see how this goes. :thup:

The problem with selling miggy is that new contract he just signed at the end of last year he'll sit tight knowing he's not gonna get better. Bad mistake by the club extending it.